Seven News Presenters and Reporters

I have a feeling he’s done it once before.

3 Likes

Maybe he has, but I just can’t remember when he has.

1 Like

he read sport on the Morning News a few months ago

5 Likes

No he’s done it once before… usually at late notice.

4 Likes

Seven used to have more greats on their side before they left the newsroom. (Emily Angwin, Laurel Irving, Matilda Boseley, Nick Etchells, even Sandy Roberts and David Brown.) I’d certainly like to see more of Seven’s current reporters given a go in the newsroom.

In return, those bigger names like Mike and Jacqui should be doing more outside reporting (Mitch’s Melbourne is an example of presenters doing segments well, and Mike has filed in great reports, whether on a local or international event).

I wonder whether Seven Melbourne could get in some reporters from local Victorian newsrooms to make up for a loss in talent?

Either way, they should strengthen their team, and if they want their talent to stay? Maybe try to rid the atmosphere of the drama and toxicity described within their newsroom (in certain reports).

1 Like

Should we be reading anything into the fact that Usher and Cox are more prominent than they’ve been in the past in the promo and have been added into the ender?

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. If you didn’t know, it wouldn’t be hard to mistake Ange as the main presenter, Fergo a sports presenter and Mush as a weather man! :joy:

Surely Fergo should’ve been front and centre!?

2 Likes

Only that they will be reading over summer.

1 Like

I think it’s actually to make them seem like a more cohesive team. Especially if Michael and Ange are covering summer again, the promo keeps Fergo in the picture.

3 Likes

Tonight (Friday 17th December) Laura Spurway is presenting sport in Melbourne. It’s been an interesting week presenter wise.

6 Likes

Ummm I dunno, it’s just interesting because Mike Amor for example is not featured in the Melbourne promo, and he’s covering for Peter Mitchell this summer.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll swap in 2022 like happened in Brisbane back in 2013 when Sharyn moved to weekdays and Kay and Rod went to weekends?
Not that that was a particularly popular or successful move at the time.

1 Like

Laura is back presenting on Saturday 18th.

7 Likes

Saturday (18.12.2021): Liz Cantor presented Brisbane’s weather.

Sunday (19.12.2021): Katie Brown doing sport in Brisbane.

6 Likes

Monday (20.12.2021):

Angie Asimus presented the Early News on Monday, Thursday and Friday.

Angela Cox did the Morning News on Monday and Tuesday.

Katrina Blowers is presenting in Brisbane this week. Ben Davis on sport.

8 Likes

Steve Titmus has exclusive interview with GC Mayor

Though he didn’t read the news tonight.

The Gold Coast opener was “Seven with Amanda Abate” unlike Nine that use the main anchors’ names in the opener no matter who is reading (including tonight when neither was present).

6 Likes

Robert Ovadia presenting the Morning News
Caps:

8 Likes

Nice to see Rob getting a run on the Morning News.

Had a look through the old thread and this is his first time presenting any news bulletin since February 2020.

6 Likes

Monday 20th & Tuesday 21st December: Andrew McCormack presenting Melbourne sport from the studio. Today (Wednesday 22nd) he is on location at Marvel Stadium. Sonia Marinelli has been doing the weather again this week as well.

5 Likes

Kylie Gillies presented the early afternoon updates in Sydney. A while since she has been at the news desk as well:

23 Likes