Seven News Presenters and Reporters

What do you guys think is the future of Seven News Adelaide (presenter-wise)?

I think when Jane retires:

• Rosanna and Mike present weeknights, Elspeth Hussey presents weekends.

• Andrea Nicolas or Gertie Spurling would present the Morning/Afternoon News.

It would be interesting when Jane retires as to who takes over.
(thought we needed a break from the Amor/Maddern speculation)

2 Likes

Davids right and I got a source to back this up . The Back Side of Television season 1 episode 3. on SBS on demand. this backs David claims 100% . they use the latest research proving fta is dying now and in the future, fta will be dead

2 Likes

Bec’s okay on shows like Sunrise, but is extremely over-rated as a 6pm news presenter.

3 Likes

Correct, no one is disputing FTA dying. Its if the 7 and 9 News brands will be around in (or on) another news platform in 20 years times.

2 Likes

The coverage of the opening of the Queensland border was a bit much. Sure it’s important but spending at least 10 minutes every hour with reporters at the airport as well as Sam Mac on the border is too much. People watch the news on the half hour and hour to see the latest news. Waiting 10 minutes while they cover the border opening is annoying and unnecessary. Cover it briefly then have additional news stories so it is all covered as usual by 5 to 10 past the hour and then go to your coverage of the border opening.

2 Likes

the brands will be around, the news will just be delivered differently, FTA will be as dead as a doornail

1 Like

Mike would be near retirement age by the time Jane retires I’d imagine, so it’d most likely be Rosanna solo. Elspeth would present the morning and afternoon news three days a week. Can’t imagine who’d present those two bulletins the other two days.

2 Likes

Are we thinking too far into the future here…?

2 Likes

(13-15/12/2021) Sonia Marinelli presented the weather on Melbourne’s Afternoon News Monday-Wednesday this week.

10 Likes

Fresh from Nine News…

2 Likes

Fresh? She’s been there a year now…

3 Likes

I did not notice.

1 Like

First time presenting the weather at Seven?

2 Likes

Nope. She has presented it before.

1 Like

She use to present weather at nine, yeah?

1 Like

Correct. She was the weather presenter for the one hour Regional Victorian bulletins from 2017-2020 and also was a fill in weather presenter for the Melbourne bulletin too.

3 Likes

Occasionally during the Summer months if I recall correctly, otherwise she was the weather presenter for the previous Nine News Regional (not NNL) bulletins.

2 Likes

Sonia Marinelli also presented weather on the 6pm bulletin in Melbourne today.

So with Jane Bunn on holidays and Melina Sarris on maternity leave, can we assume that Sonia will present weather on weeknights, and Estelle Griepink on weekends?

4 Likes

Monday (13.12.2021) - Friday (17.12.2021): Kendall Gilding is presenting in Brisbane this week.

Katie Brown did sport on Monday. Pat Welsh is presenting sport from Tuesday for the third consecutive week.

Georgie Chumbley did Friday weather.

8 Likes

Katie Brown must be the first female sports presenter in Brisbane in years? Did Giaan Rooney only do 4pm?

3 Likes