Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Friday 3 December -
Matt Shirvington presented Sydney sport from the pit garage of Erebus Motorsport at Mount Panorama today.

6 Likes

Saturday 4 December -
Blake Johnson presenting news and Estelle Griepink presenting weather in Melbourne tonight.

7 Likes

Saturday (04.12.2021): Tim McMillan presented the national Afternoon News from TVW today, live for Brisbane and Perth.

9 Likes

Haydon Nelson is reporting from Adelaide. Replacement for Tim Hatfield or Tim Yeatman?

2 Likes

Sunday 5 December -
Blake Johnson presenting news with Tom Browne presenting sport in Melbourne tonight.
Blake also read the weather.

6 Likes

Media Diary in The Australian reports that Rebecca Maddern may be on the verge of signing a deal with Seven in coming days as a newsreader. The most likely outcome is that Bec will read the 6pm news in Melbourne on weekends alongside Mike Amor, similar to the Usher/Cox pairing in Sydney.

Seven hopes that inserting Maddern into the weekend news will give viewers more of a female-friendly alternative in 2022. There’s also the possibility that Bec could be involved in current affairs and sport programs for Seven.

9 Likes

Cool but I honestly don’t get this co anchor on weekends, solo on weekdays this, this would be the third city for it.

7 Likes

Very interesting move. Once Hitch retires, Amor/Maddern will look quite strong against whoever Nine has on weekends. (Especially if they choose Dougal Beaty), unless Brett McLeod returns from Europe by then, or Jo Hall reappears on our screens.

4 Likes

I still wouldn’t rule out Brett McLeod succeeding Hitch. Just because he is in the UK doesn’t mean he’s out of the running.

4 Likes

Told you :wink:

2 Likes

HSV should have slotted Maddern in weeknight 6pm at the height of her local popularity before the defection to Nine. Would have had a real point of difference against Hitch. At the moment you have lovely Hitch, who’s older, and Mitch, who doesn’t have the same warmth but is also older.

4 Likes

If she didn’t leave Seven in 2016, I think its safe to say she would have been given the weekend gig when Jennifer left in 2018.

7 Likes

If The Australian’s report is true, then I think Mike and Bec will be a strong team on the weekends. They worked at Seven together for a long time so I’m sure that would translate into good chemistry on screen.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Tom Browne put into weekend sport to balance out the number of male and female presenters.

2 Likes

I really liked Bec as a newsreader, much more than I liked her at Ch9. I remember not long before she left for 9 she worked something like 13 days straight reading the news.

2 Likes

no chance

1 Like

I wonder what this means for Jacqui Felgate’s career aspirations.

2 Likes

They may keep her on Weekend Sport, but I can see her presenting Sunrise News for Melbourne if this eventuates next year. Blake Johnson is the 3rd fill in presenter in Melbourne, so I’m not sure where this will place him.

2 Likes

Jac is better out in the field vs the studio. Same for many others.

Bec is the opposite.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if they shake things up further on weekends. With respect, what are Jacqui Felgate’s credentials to do sport? Would she be better qualified reporting/presenting news and giving news updates on her IG account as she’s been doing for a while? Perhaps Andrew McCormack or Tom Browne would be better against Clint on Nine.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on where they want to sit in terms of balance on weekends… it’d be 3 females and one male. They might move a male into sport to balance it out.

2 Likes