Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I can see Blake moving overseas one day. I think he would be a great asset in London or Los Angeles.

2 Likes

Angie Asimus presenting Afternoon News in Sydney with Freya Cole presenting the weather

Wednesday

4 Likes

Tim Hatfield has joined Seven News from Southern Cross News SA.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure during his last broadcast, Tim mentioned heā€™d be joining Seven News Adelaide

3 Likes

I did hear that somewhere but was the Sun Screen report done from SAS7?

1 Like

Mark Ferguson is back Monday.

2 Likes

@antonio1987 will be giddy with excitement! :worried:

4 Likes

Tim has been at Seven Adelaide for several months now

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/7newssydney/status/951729265439006720

3 Likes

That ā€œMark Ferguson Returnsā€ promo for Seven News Sydney is not great IMO.

On the claims made in that promo:

Some of major events that Fergo wasnā€™t on board to cover:

*Martin Place siege - Melissa Doyle fronted Sevenā€™s coverage of that IIRC.
*January last year with the last NSW premier change and the US presidential inauguration - Michael Usher covered those.
*The Flinders Street incident in Melbourne - another one that Michael Usher covered for a Sydney audience IIRC.

ā€¦and thatā€™s only in recent years!

If the ratings are anything to go by, Peter Overton and Deborah Knight (also Georgie Gardner before she left the Friday/Saturday newsreading role at Nine Sydney for Today) lead the news that Sydney trusts - not Mark Ferguson.

8 Likes

Mark Ferguson seems like a genuinely nice bloke and does a hell of a lot for community programs and charities. Yes, in the opinion of some people, his new reading style lacks in comparison to other newsreaders in the country, but he is dedicated, passionate and I donā€™t think he does as bad a job as some members of media spy would suggest he does.

9 Likes

Most would agree with me on this but I donā€™t think there is a hatred for Mark Ferguson as a person and what he does its more is he the right person to lead Seven News Sydney to ratings victory. Because in my opinion Mark has delivered some quality journalism when he has done reports in the past and present.

6 Likes

Heā€™s a perfectly passable newsreader, just not for 6pm. Ratings flop on two networks and he only remains in the role by default.

Also heā€™s the person who prematurely ousted Bathie who is pretty universally liked. If Seven had made more of an effort to promote Bathie and build a stronger bulletin around her then ratings could easily have bounced back.

6 Likes

Agreed. As Iā€™ve said before, Mark Ferguson would probably be a great newsreader for a morning/afternoon bulletin or even on a rolling news channel.

But as the lead presenter of a flagship Sydney 6pm bulletin where a bit more on-air personality and chemistry is required to connect with viewers? Yeah, that sort of on-air role probably isnā€™t the best fit for Fergo IMO.

Incredibly, weā€™ll soon be able to say that Mark Ferguson has been the lead newsreader of Seven News Sydney longer than Chris Bath and also for longer than his time presenting Sydneyā€™s 6pm news bulletins for Nine!

4 Likes

Heā€™s a capable newsreader but is he better than the person he replaced? No.
If Chris Bath would have received the promotion and support that has been afforded to Mark Ferguson, the ratings would have undoubtedly improved significantly.

4 Likes

Isnā€™t it funny how Ferguson - and Mitchell in Melbourne to a similar degree - have had enormous backing but are pretty ordinary presenters and ordinary ratings, but Bath, the superior presenter, was left out to dry.

Almost like itā€™s ā€¦ sexist, really.

1 Like

But least Peter won the ratings for quite some time so itā€™s good they are sticking with him.

2 Likes

He has been presenting for just over 17 years now on weeknights. He won two years.

5 Likes

Im pretty sure he won more than just 2 years, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Still better than Ferguson who hasnā€™t won a year yet on both Nine and Seven.

1 Like