Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Kendall Gilding presented the weather report in the Queensland Afternoon News today after the link to Paul Burt was lost.

There was also a studio shot to end the bulletin which is a rare sight on the afternoon news.

vlcsnap-2017-12-08-18h54m47s680vlcsnap-2017-12-08-18h55m22s446

3 Likes

It was Basil’s last night presenting sport in Perth tonight before he goes on holidays. Speculate on that as you will…

1 Like

He’s going on holidays?

Speculation over.

8 Likes

Bas always goes on holidays when he’s radio breakfast show take annual hols

2 Likes

Yesterday was Laurel Irving’s last day at Seven Melbourne. She’s heading off to the UK to be the networks UK Correspondent from next month

11 Likes

Cath Turner has resigned and will be moving to Los Angeles in January.

6 Likes

So presumably Cath Turner will no longer be reporting for Seven?

If so, that’s a pity because she was one of the better reporters at their news service but I do wish her the best for the future! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

She will finish reporting for Seven at the end of the year, then moving to Los Angeles in January without a job.
Her instagram post detailed her reasons for leaving which really explained how reporting on constant bad news could take a toll on a person.
She plans to stay in the media but doesn’t have the need to be on camera

8 Likes

So the Melbourne newsroom will be one reporter short. Given Seven is in cost-cutting mode I doubt it will want to poach reporters from other media outlets.

3 Likes

I was reading Caroline Wilson’s last column as the chief AFL writer for The Age today, and I was surprised to know that her husband is Seven Melbourne’s state political reporter Brendan Donohoe. Here is a family photo:

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne again this weekend

4 Likes

Angela Cox is presenting in Sydney tonight

5 Likes

Okay, this is interesting. Well why did Michael present last night and not tonight? Are Sydney going to do a Monday-Friday & Saturday-Sunday thing while Mark is away with Michael doing the weekdays and Angela weekends I wonder…

The mind boggles. What could it possibly mean???

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

Meanwhile over in Adelaide :thinking:

1 Like

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne tonight, Andrea Nicholas in Adelaide.

2 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun reports the Felgates will present Melbourne’s weekend bulletin for five weeks from next Saturday (December 16), with Jacqueline reading the news and her husband Michael presenting sport.

4 Likes

Chris Reason presenting in Sydney tonight.

3 Likes

Matt Carmichael presented sport on 5pm News & Sydney News this weekend.

2 Likes

So who is presenting the Weekday News? Jennifer usually takes a week off over christmas.

1 Like

Michael Usher presenting in Sydney Mon-Fri (weekdays) while Mark Ferguson is on holidays with Chris Reason presenting Sat-Sun (weekends). It appears Sydney has abolished its ridiculous Sun-Thu thing at least with its main anchors over the summer period. But David Brown is still presenting from Sun-Thu so still quite confusing :thinking:

4 Likes