Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Nine and Ten (WIN) begs to differ, but we all knew what happened there :wink: .

1 Like

Ah, ok. I’m in one of those regions where there’s no full bulletin (Hunter/Central Coast).

Chris Reason is the usual Friday anchor, right?

I thought he was supposed to be since Sally Bowrey went on maternity leave but I never saw him even reporting on 7 news for a few weeks until this week so maybe he was on holidays and we’ll see him presenting again this Friday.

But I always thought Angela being in Australia was only a temporary thing because doesn’t she live in the US now and have some sort of family or home over there? I originally thought she was only coming back to present news over the summer and while some of the other normal anchors like Sally Bowrey and Jodie Speers were off on maternity leave and was always under the assumption that once they came back, she would return back to the US as US correspondent or have I got that wrong? Does she now permanently live in Australia? Also Chris Reason has presented most of the Friday news’ since Sally left which is why I thought he was Sally’s replacement until she comes back (which we’re all assuming she will won’t she?).

Ange has moved back to Australia permanently.

1 Like

Alright, when did she announce or say this since I must have missed it. I never realised that she actually doesn’t live over there anymore. So she actually will remain as one of the go-to presenters for 7 to use if one of their regulars is unable to present and she will permanently be the newsreader of Weekend Sunrise even if Sally returns from maternity leave?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNYhadghofi/

@angelacox7 Today was a tough one. You can tell from the crying eyes. I can’t even describe how much this family has come to mean to me - not just those in this pic but all the people who have been part of this amazing bureau and in our LA tribe. First class news people, but more importantly first class humans - who are now life long soul mates. A bond forged through lots of hard work but way more laughs and good times. They will always be part of me xx love you all and can’t wait to be reunited back in our other home. Thanks for giving me so much to miss and so much to be grateful for. #lalaland :heart:

5 Likes

It’s all over her social media… 90% of what is discussed on this site comes from social media!!

7 Likes

Okay, thank you for clarifying that. Obviously I wasn’t paying enough attention to her account closely enough at the time that she posted this

Chris Reason is presenting Friday morning news this week after I believe he was on holidays for a few weeks. As I said earlier he returned to his reporting duties earlier in the week.

3 Likes

Chris Reason has been the regular Friday newsreader ever since Sally Bowery went on maternity leave.

4 Likes

For the first time in what seems like a while, Seven Perth had no weather presenter on a weeknight last night so Rick read the weather. Thus for the first time in a while also Perth got a proper presenter throwover to Monica for TT rather than the weather presenter who never should be doing the throwovers in the first place. This kind of did make it feel like the Seven News Perth of old with that small touch last night. Consequently, this also meant that possibly for the first time ever, Monica actually had to read the weather later on at the end of TT.

1 Like

Nat was on 7 News tonight spruiking the extended ‘live and local’ Sunrise Perth news from this morning apparently.

8 Likes

Legit the dream team when Sue retires.

4 Likes

oh Nat is clearly gunning for the job!

1 Like

Nat was also on the radio this morning

5 Likes

Getting ready for the post-Susannah Carr era. Who will replace Nat on the national Sunrise news when she moves to Perth to read the news. Rick and Nat would be a good Dream Team

1 Like

IF it happened, Eddy or Angela Cox would be my bet.

2 Likes

GOOD EVENING AND WELCOME TO SEVEN NEWS, FIRST TONIGHT…

But hey, I’m not in Perth so I’ll agree Nat would be a perfect replacement for Sue one day. I don’t pretend to know her personal circumstances but she’s been on Sunrise and working terrible hours for years - a leading 6pm bulletin isn’t a step back, and it’s closer to family…

2 Likes