Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

So Andrew Lofthouse presented from court today with Melissa Downes presenting solo at Nine’s STUDIOS as well? Wonder if they’ll fight over the coverage…

Yesterday, Andrew was doing the coverage with Melissa in the studio meanwhile, both Bill and Sharyn will in the studio (which is fine by me). Then tonight, Nine thought they would be clever I suppose and switched Andrew and Melissa’s duties. On Seven tonight, Bill was at the supreme court with Sharyn in studio. I think Nine have the better coverage IMO.

Agree but I think another contributing factor is that Seven Morning News has had the same anchor for the past 10 years, whereas Nine have had more than the five different anchors.

Chris Reason presenting Friday Morning News

1 Like

Hopefully we won’t see him on Weekend Sunrise. If that’s the case, is he presenting the bulletin (and the afternoon news) permanently?

Angie Asimus was reading news headlines on The Morning Show this morning yet she is not presenting Morning News, so it’s most likely Chris is now the regular Friday presenter,but it just depends if Chris is not away reporting on major news stories.

1 Like

Isn’t it usually Ryan Phelan that does the headlines?

Yes Ryan normally does the news but today he was co-hosting filling in for Larry.

I wonder who is going to fill in in Melbourne when Summer comes. With Jen presenting weekdays and Jacqueline on Maternity soon who will do the works (now that Nick Etchells and Rebecca Maddern have left)?

But did he still present sports on the morning news?

Yes Ryan still presented sport this morning.

Probably Nick McCallum. Although, I’m hoping for Emily Angwin

2 Likes

@JackMelbTV it would be great to see Emily Angwin given a chance over summer to present some weekend bulletins, but l think we will see her filling in for Jane Bunn over summer.

2 Likes

I would say he will now be reading the Morning and Afternoon News on Fridays now (good choice IMO).

Other than when he was co-host, he has only read the news once (last year I think) IIRC on a Friday with Sam and Nat hosting. Highly doubt he will be on Weekend Sunrise.[quote=“JackMelbTV, post:1118, topic:149”]
Although, I’m hoping for Emily Angwin
[/quote]

She might replace Felgate on the local Afternoon News when she goes on ML.

1 Like

How long has Giaan Rooney not been the sport presenter on QLD local afternoon news Wednesday-Friday?

I wonder who will be on Sunrise tomorrow (hoping for Angie), but we never know till tomorrow!

It’s interesting :+1:

In previous AGMs, Seven West Media have stated that their TV division [“Seven Network (Operations) Ltd”) has a core strategy made up of 3 pillers:

•“Australian content”
•“Live news & current affairs”
•“Live sport”

I wonder if we’ll see a focus on the 2nd piller at this years AGM and subsequent press releases?

With the network taking the #1 position in 5 city 6pm & 6:30pm News + strong growth in Melbourne & Sydney (with the two cities winning many bulletins this year, particularly recent months).

No idea what’s happened with Nine News lately, surprisingly low numbers, but interesting none the less.

While Seven has made great progress in Sydney and Melbourne, Seven really screwed up in Brisbane this year. With new (yet hideous) graphics which were made in response to Nine, presenters Sharyn and Bill still there, and Rod Young moving to the Gold Coast, all of this has led Nine to win its 4th Consecutive yr in SE Queensland, and I think they shouldn’t have moved Rod and Kay in the 1st place. Seven would still be the winner this year if at least one of them remained on weekday (like Bill and Kay, Sharon and Rod) for the past 3 years. What kind of a joke was Seven trying to pull to get Bill and Sharon to present weekdays and QLD’s best newsreaders to read on Weekends (this is not saying Sharyn or Bill are bad presenters as Sharyn was winning weekends with a considerable margin when she was on solo many years ago)?

1 Like

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:1126, topic:149”]
Nine to win its 4th Consecutive yr in SE Queensland
[/quote] And it is not as if Andrew and Melissa are fantastic.

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:1126, topic:149”]
While Seven has made great progress in Sydney and Melbourne
[/quote] That progress could be attributed to The Chase, but yes a massive improvement in both markets this year.

I liked Sharyn Ghidella on the weekends, and I liked Bill on Ten News. But since they both moved to anchors of Queensland’s ‘weeknight’ bulletin, TBH, I can’t stand them and rarely watch it. I honestly don’t understand the change that was made in 2013 when Rod and Kay were still winning.

3 Likes

Rob Rashke made the change. What a ridiculous change it was. They were number 1 there and he made that change while completely ignoring Sydney & Melbourne. He is now gone thank god.

4 Likes

Even if Rod and Kay remained on weekdays, Rod would still leave to present Seven GC News, but still even if we had a ‘Bill and Kay’ situation, Seven would at least have some sort of an advantage over Nine (and if I could remember Bill and Kay have presented at least one bulletin together a few years ago as well as in the 90s).

1 Like