Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Friday & Saturday -
Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne with Michael Felgate presenting sport.

4 Likes

I’m guessing still no announcement on a new Melb weekend presenter? When does Bec Maddern’s contract finish at Nine? It’s looking quite possible she won’t be returning to the Footy Show. Maybe Seven are waiting it out for her contract to finish up to get her back for weekends?

With the recent announcement of her hosting tennis next year, I don’t think she’ll leave Nine for a while.

6 Likes

As much as it’d probably be a bad move on the network’s behalf, personally I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Seven News Melbourne settles on a male newsreader for Friday/Saturday nights and use those bulletins to groom a potential successor to Peter Mitchell.

Even though people have in recent years been wondering what will happen to Nine News Melbourne in the post-Hitchener era, right now I’d probably be more concerned about Seven News Melbourne in the post-Mitchell era because only in recent years, we’ve seen

*David Brown being demoted to weekends, before moving to Sydney and giving our edition of Seven News a much needed point of difference against Nine’s (mostly) top rating 6pm bulletin.
*Like the show itself, Helen Kapalos only lasting one ratings year as the host of the South East edition of Today Tonight when she probably should’ve been used for news instead.
*Sandy Roberts leaving Seven for Fox Footy.
*Rebecca Maddern moving to Nine and with the tennis, she’s staying there for the long run now.
*Jennifer Keyte moving to Ten.

All high profile presenters and probably some of the best talent at Seven Melbourne. Possibly even in a worse situation than Seven News Sydney has been recently and that’s really saying something!

5 Likes

Saturday -
Mark Beretta presenting sport on 5pm News and Sydney News tonight.

2 Likes

New recruit

2 Likes

11/8/18 - Amelia Broun anchoring Seven News Perth tonight.

3 Likes

Chris Meldrum is getting worse. He was going ok for a while there :thinking:

Hardest working man on television.

Is Mel McLaughlin still the leading sports presenter on 7 News Sydney or has Jim taken over

1 Like

please bring back Brownie :disappointed:

cancel

She’s on holidays.

13 - 17th August 2018
John Riddell presenting in Adelaide again this week

5 Likes

Thursday -

Blake Johnson is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.

3 Likes

Friday & Saturday -

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne.

2 Likes

17/08/2018:

Rod Young presenting solo on the Gold Coast.

Rod announced at the end of the bulletin that Amanda is on holidays and he will be back Monday at 5:30.

Susannah Carr is presenting Perth’s afternoon news bulletin, Ryan Daniels is on sport.

6 Likes

Saturday -

Mark Beretta is presenting sport on 5pm News and Sydney News tonight.

3 Likes

Tonight was weather presenter Liz Cantor’s last on the Gold Coast News before going on maternity leave.

4 Likes