Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I would say they wanted Peter on… as they may win the week in the ratings. Very tight again.

3 Likes

I was just wondering yesterday morning what had happened to Nat Forrest on Seven ??

Who do we think will present 7 News Melbourne tonight?

Blake Johnson is presenting tonight.

5 Likes

Emily Angwin presenting weather in Melbourne tonight.

4 Likes

For Seven News Melbourne I think Jennifer Keyte should be the weeknight anchor, because she is miles ahead of Peter Mitchell (who is honestly ‘shouting’ out the news these days like Andrew Lofthouse and Alison Ariotti) and plus is a well-known face in Melbourne. Peter Mitchell used to be really good but the way he reads the news nowadays just seems very sensationalist and tabloid.

Blake Johnson should be presenting the afternoon news on a regular basis instead of hopeless Felgate too (in fact, I would go as far as saying that he should’ve read the national bulletins which came out of Melbourne not too long ago).

6 Likes

I’ll choose Seven News with Peter Mitchell over Nine News with Peter Hitchener any day.

For me it isn’t the presenter either, rather the presenter is fine and happens to be attached to the bulletin (which I prefer).

But, I’ll also choose Ten’s 5pm news over both Seven News / Nine News / ABC News if I can.

1 Like

There must be something in the water over at Seven Melbourne because majority of them are like that now. To name a few; Peter Mitchell, Jane Bunn, Emily Angwin, Jacqueline Felgate, Jodie Lee and perhaps Paul Dowsley.

2 Likes

Blake Johnson was a class act last night. He’s just got it (Such a natural). Seven need to look after him and start grooming him for bigger and better things.

I’ll stick up for Peter Mitchell. He’s doing well at the moment in the ratings. Not any easy job.

7 Likes

He’s miles ahead of Alicia at Nine, he also got some mentoring from Rick and Sue

6 Likes

Sydney probably need him more so than anywhere else. I wonder how he would do there, if he could lift Sydney’s news ratings…

1 Like

Nah… Melbourne needs to groom him as an understudy to Peter Mitchell. He’s only 32 I think, so he’s young. Seven need to get him on some bigger stories, more stints in Canberra/Los Anglers and London would help

3 Likes

If the likes of Michael Usher couldn’t do anything about Sydney’s news ratings, how could Blake Johnson do any better?

Note: With all due respect to Blake he is a good reporter and will be a great anchor in the future.

4 Likes

How are Sydney’s news ratings meant to be fixed then if a presenter change to someone as excellent as Blake Johnson or Michael Usher won’t do anything to help them? I thought the presenter/s were supposed to be the problems…

They are a part but they are not the be all and end all. A number of factors come into it.

2 Likes

Seriously dude, there is no way Seven are going to put Blake Johnson in the anchor chair for Seven News Sydney or Melbourne at the moment. He’s only 32. Yes, like I said he’s a great talent, but far too young for Sydney and Melbourne audiences. He needs to be groomed for that position over time.

7 Likes

Michael Usher would probably be the best newsreader to compete against Peter Overton. The problem is that in recent years, Seven have been becoming too dependent on Mark Ferguson as the main face of their news service and even the network in the Sydney market.

I also reckon Seven News Sydney could do a lot worse than seriously consider throwing the chequebook at some of the “rising star” presenters/reporters at Nine News Sydney - people like Jayne Azzopardi, Chris O’Keefe, Sophie Walsh, Kelly Fedor, Tiffiny Genders, etc.

Agreed. Maybe in 10-15 years time I could imagine Blake Johnson presenting Seven News Sydney or Melbourne (or even Perth, if he eventually decided to come home after building experience on the East Coast) but surely not anytime in the immediate future?

4 Likes

The current state of content in Seven News Sydney’s bulletins are ridiculous, Seven needs to find a news director who knows when to place stories in a major 6pm bulletin, at the moment it’s a joke.

After they eventually can sort themselves and the content out hopefully they can find another presenter who is more capable of presenting a 6pm bulletin.

3 Likes

Can I have some examples of what you mean by content in the bulletin that is ridiculous and it’s placement in the bulletin? I’m not sure of the content that you deem to be like this.

Stories about train station developments in the first block over bigger stories that is worthy of covering in the first block, how to slash your power bills, how to avoid speed cameras etc.

4 Likes