Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

WNBC New York’s Chuck and Sue wrapped up at 32 and Rick and Sue are at 33 and going on.

3 Likes

Years as in <4? Max has never co-anchored with Sharyn and never filled in for Rod. We usually only see him anchor for 4-5 weeks over summer and that’s it, apart from a couple of weekends throughout the year.

Whenever Bill has been off in the five years he was anchoring, Sharyn, Rod or Kay filled in for him (usually in a solo format).

In fact, I think state political reporter Patrick Condren has anchored more bulletins of Seven News.

1 Like

Max Futcher was once a back up presenter for Bill McDonald when they were both at Ten, and co-presented with Georgina Lewis

5 Likes

was also back up for Mal Walden and George Donikian. So true he hasn’t spent 20 years waiting for the gig, but he’s more than capable.

1 Like

When was he a backup presenter for them?

Thinking the same thing. I never recall seeing him on the Melbourne news…

2 Likes

I remember this as well.

1 Like

Would have been like 2005 I think. It was after the stopped flying Adelaide reporters over to cover for George, and used Melbourne based ones.

I posted this comment on the 7 News Brisbane Facebook page under the video of Max with an awkward looking Kay at the news desk on Sunday night. They’ve made my comment only visible to me and my friends and not anyone else…touchy touchy:

"Channel 9 Brisbane must be quaking in their boots.

What’s happened to the tradition of readers with gravitas, clear strong voices without impediments and voices that don’t run out of power across the hour … Brian Cahill, Mike Higgins, Frank Warrick, Nev Roberts, Ian Hislop, Glenn Taylor, Jayne Rayner, Donna Mieklejohn, Kay McGrath, Rod Young?

If Bill McDonald was the problem, Max isn’t the fix".

6 Likes

Emily Angwin is presenting Melbourne’s Afternoon News today.

3 Likes

what’s Max’s impediment?

6 Likes

In my opinion he has a speech impediment (it’s not a lisp - listen to several deliveries with your eyes closed) and a voice that runs out of power after some time.

I know. I liked both Bill and Max on Ten.

I never said that he wasn’t capable of presenting a news bulletin, just not the person to anchor Seven if they want to win.

The overall problem for me with this appointment is that Max isn’t the BEST person for the job. It is like Samantha Jolly replacing Susannah Carr in Perth. Whilst she has read the arvo news and the weekend news (I think) there are way better options.

1 Like

11 Likes

Have to say that as a pair Max and Sharyn look young and fresh

3 Likes

Hopefully the V/o for Max and Sharyn doesn’t have a speed level of 1000

6 Likes

SO MUCH PHOTOSHOP. Max looks terrifying.

5 Likes

He doesn’t exactly have the traditional newsreader look does he?

Are they trying to dilute their ratings even further by scaring off viewers?