Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Is it getting to the point that Seven seriously need to consider throwing the chequebook at Overton, Gardner and Knight?

7 need something for Sydney and clearly Usher isn’t it! I reckon they should try and get Ray Martin to front their 6pm news - bring some class back!

I’d prefer it if they threw it to Gardner, or maybe even Sandra Sully (which will really attract a massive price tag). Or they really need to throw some big money at Chris Bath to get her back.

1 Like

I’d be trying to lure Sandra Sully.
Hugh Riminton would be a better option than Ferguson and Usher.

4 Likes

Queensland:
Sharyn Ghidella is anchoring solo this week, with live crosses to Bill McDonald live at the Ekka. Rohan Welsh presented Sunday and Monday sport again this week, with Pat Welsh Tuesday-Saturday.

Laura Dymock presented Queensland’s local Afternoon News on Thursday, for the first time I believe.

1 Like

I think she presented it with Kendall Gilding, Kendall being at the Ekka though; doing a similar thing to what they do at 6PM when Sharyn is in studio and Bill is elsewhere or vice versa.

2 Likes

The first half was from the Ekka

but then “technical difficulties” were announced by Laura Dymock from Mt Coot-tha at about 4.30pm with a promise to return to the RNA but that didn’t happen.

7 Likes

Either Seven needs to go with someone completely different (not a Ray Martin or Steve Liebmann etc. Go for probably Sandra Sully or Chris Bath and the likes), or find a good female double for Usher (Doyle). But knowing Seven Sydney and their track records I think they’re going to do shit all as far as presenters concerned.

2 Likes

When did Sharyn Ghidella start wearing glasses?

1 Like

One of the first times I had seen Sharyn with glasses was in 2012. Note, she doesn’t wear them on air, usually only when she covers breaking news/rolling coverage.

3 Likes

Usher has potential though. You can’t take a week of ratings as Gospel truth. Overton didn’t win instantly. He would need promotion - let alone a good product behind him (but that’s a different story).

8 Likes

Angie Asimus presenting Friday Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News with Samantha Brett presenting weather.

Today at 12.45pm.

4 Likes

I think some of her weather presenting skills need brushing up; the ending was a tad awkward!

2 Likes

The weather girl on Seven Morning News stuffed it and ran out of time, awkwardly reading Brisbane’s forecast but skipping everywhere else.

As Angie Asimus quickly ended.

Obviously didn’t rehearse that.

3 Likes

I’m guessing It was Sam’s first time judging by her delivery of the forecast.

4 Likes

Still better than Mr Beige :joy:

19 Likes

Lee Lin is very underrated.

6 Likes

Given it’s August…

I’m guessing you’re not familiar with Lee Lin’s twitter account?

13 Likes

“Penises”

6 Likes

I would pay a lot of money to see a Lee Lin/Fergo double header.