Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Paul Burt returned to Queensland weather last night after Laura Dymock presented for 4 weeks whilst Burt was on leave.

1 Like

He was seen during the week on Sunrise talking about Mick Fanning’s shark encounter too I believe

As far as I’m aware Paul does GC weather Tuesday - Saturday, so he would have actually returned from leave this week, just the state bulletin on Thursday night.

1 Like

Happy 65th Birthday (21 July) to Perth’s Susannah Carr what a legend and one would think Susannah will be around as long as she wants to continue to present 7 News

10 Likes

Mark Mooney presented the Adelaide bulletin tonight.

3 Likes

Melina Sarris presented weather in Melbourne tonight, Jane returns tomorrow night.

David Brown was back presenting weather in Sydney tonight.

3 Likes

Edwina Bartholomew presenting Early News again this week.

3 Likes

Weather promo

5 Likes

Melbourne got these style of promos with the new gfx last week!

2 Likes

Brisbane and regional Qld have also had the style for a while; I hadn’t seen this weather-only one.

I can see where they were going with the graphics update, but geometric shapes have been & gone and it just doesn’t look right for a news service. It’s all very nderwhelming just like their news package overhaul last year

2 Likes

A little reminiscent of their package that was based around the slant. Maybe 2010ish?

3 Likes

I’d like to see Kylie Gilles back on the sport front, was watching some old clips today she is brilliant on sport, it was actually where she started and seems wasted on these fluff morning shows.

Kylie would have been a good pick for Seven News Sydney Sport. More viewers than fluffy morning shows watching, I would consider it a stepup. Brings authority to the bulletin.

She did well on the Olympics.

4 Likes

I totally agree. It’s not as if there isn’t anyone who could succeed Kylie. If they don’t have the balls to bring Jim back then Kylie is my preference. Would also like to see someone ‘ushered’ into weeknights, although we all know what the chances of that are…

1 Like

They’ve tried everyone else. They may as well go back through the list of those that have tried and failed in the role in the past.

1 Like

All would be better than Mel McLaughlin imo.

I think TMS would still maintain its current share if they put someone like Sarah Cumming etc as host, the audience isn’t enormous and the ratings have held for a good 10 years now with no sign of movement. It’s got to the point on these morning shows that you never see the hosts, there’s always those shopping ads on or what appears to be never ending normal commercials!

Seven News needs to bring authority to its Sydney Bulletin lineup. Kylie would tick the sport box.

She was brilliant on the Rio Lineup. You can tell when someone lives and breathes sport.

1 Like

Seven News Sydney have made plenty of terrible decisions when it comes to presenters/reporters in recent years. But one of the biggest (aside from letting Chris Bath go) would surely have to be the failure to get Cameron Williams returning to Seven at a time he was off contract with Nine and with Ken Sutcliffe’s retirement not far off the horizon.

Nine spent a decade or so building Williams’ profile up and it was quite a shock when he decided to (temporarily, as we know know) leave the network around the start of last year - that was a disruption Seven News Sydney probably should’ve taken advantage of. But since Cam returned to Nine as “the successor to Sutcliffe” at the end of last year, they’ve now got a news/sport presenting partnership which has the potential to become the next big thing in Sydney TV news. And by that, yes I’m talking about potentially becoming a modern equivalent to Hendo & Kenny.

I’m certainly not in the know when it comes to network politics, but part of me thinks it’s quite possible that Nine were working on the Sutcliffe > Williams transition for a year or more with the departure/return of Cam being part of the plan all along. But if it wasn’t, Seven’s failure to get Roger Climpson’s last sports presenter (I think) back to the network was a massive blunder!

I think Seven should’ve, but Seven obviously wouldn’t have the balls to ditch Ferguson for Doyle early last year so that’s why they hired Mel McLaughlin.

I’ve always been pretty critical of Seven employing network defects for big roles, but IMO Cam was an original Seven person and therefore it wouldn’t seem awkward at all to see him on Seven compared to Mel McLaughlin and the likes.

1 Like

Chris Reason still presenting Friday morning and national afternoon news