Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday 31 August to Wednesday 2 September-

Angela Cox is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney.

9 Likes

And Sean Sowerby is presenting sport (due to Jacqui Felgate anchoring Melbourne’s coronavirus coverage).

2 Likes

Mark Stevens is heading up to the Queensland hub tomorrow

4 Likes

Is he switching places with Tom Browne (so therefore Tom would return home to Melbourne)? Or perhaps Tom is just staying there until the end of the season.

It must be ages now since Tom Browne was last in Melbourne.

You may remember Stevens tried to fly to Queensland when the AFL began the hub there a few months ago but was refused entry at Gold Coast Airport, so he had to turn around and fly to Sydney where he filed a couple of reports, before returning to Melbourne. Now he gets another chance.

3 Likes

Matt Shirvington presented sport on Sydney’s 4pm & 6pm bulletins today.

6 Likes

Sad to see that Angela Cox replaced Melissa Doyle on The Latest.

1 Like

Not a fan of Angela Cox?

I think that Melissa Doyle is a better newsreader that Angela Cox

2 Likes

Yes I get that part about Mel being a stronger newsreader.

But are you sad in particular that Angela Cox is her replacement, or would you have said the same thing about anyone?

Because your post came across to me that you were sad that it was Angela Cox who was chosen as her replacement.

I chose a wrong chose of words, I would still prefer if Melissa Doyle was still at 7, however, Angela Cox somewhat replaced her

1 Like

Completely agree with you. She’s a real asset to any network and hopefully Nine or Ten will pick her up.

1 Like

Again, I strongly doubt this will happen. 10 News First are making cutbacks while Nine already have oodles of female talent (especially in Sydney) they aren’t utilising to their fullest potential.

Of course I could be proven wrong in the future, but between Smooth FM radio presenting + being an ambassador to the GWS Giants and various other causes it seems that Melissa Doyle has plenty to keep her occupied.

Ange was Musher’s fill-in well before Mel started on the Latest.

5 Likes

She could go to a Breakfast Show, such as Today, she really helped Sunrise become a great show.

Yep, (wrong thread to be discussing in but anways) I reckon if Nine sign her she should co-host Today with Karl and Allison becomes newsreader (and can also do the Early News), with Alex shifting back to only doing sport.

1 Like

Wednesday 2 September-

Sean Sowerby is presenting sport on Morning News today.

5 Likes

As the current presenter of Seven News Queensland on Saturday & Sunday nights, I would’ve thought that Katrina Blowers is most likely the first choice as successor to Sharyn Ghidella when the time comes.

Although Kendall Gilding would be up there too.

4 Likes

We’re retiring this super thread and moving the discussion to here. Speak over there :slight_smile:

1 Like