Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

It wouldn’t be because of the continuing bushfire crisis would it? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Saturday 21 December-

Chris Reason is presenting 5pm News.

Blake Johnson is presenting in Melbourne this weekend.

3 Likes

Given Chris Reason is there presenting 5pm I’d say that’s exactly what it’s for (however misguided that may be on Seven’s part).

Chris presented on the Saturday of Carols last year.

2 Likes

It seems like Seven News Sydney have gone back to their bad old 2014-16 habits of protecting Fergo (at least from an on-air perspective) by making sure any fill-in presenters get minimal airtime on Sunday-Thursday and when major news stories break.

Probably not entirely coincidental that Seven’s Ferguson protectionism stance has returned after the recent rumours of him being replaced by Usher in the main position didn’t eventuate into anything? Either way, I’m fairly sure they softened their stance a bit initially after Michael Usher became the Friday/Saturday presenter.

At least Nine News Sydney are willing to trust all their presenters to lead a news bulletin when major stories break, even though it’s arguable that Peter Overton and/or Deborah Knight should’ve been brought back from holidays for bushfire coverage with their main newsreader at the moment seeming to be Mark Burrows!

Saturday 21 December-

Mark Beretta presenting sport on 5pm News and Sydney News tonight.

2 Likes

Interesting.

Didn’t he mention he was unavailable to present Carols in the Domain because of family commitments?

2 Likes

Sean Sowerby is presenting sport in Melbourne with Estelle Griepink presenting weather this weekend.

4 Likes

It may be that Beretts is only presenting tonight because Jim needed to be at home due to the fire conditions (though I note that Bathie presented on 10 as usual).

I’m sure if he was available then both he/the network would have liked to have him on Carols.

2 Likes

Jim has been away since last weekend.Screenshot_20191221-184701~2

1 Like

Who’s replacing her?

Brisbane reporter Sarah Greenhalgh

4 Likes

Friday (20.12.2019): Katrina Blowers presented in Brisbane with Liz Cantor covering weather and coastal from the Gold Coast. Pat Welsh presented sport from Royal Pines.

Saturday (21.12.2019) -Sunday (22.12.2019): Laura Dymock is presenting Brisbane’s weather. Ben Davis is on sport.

8 Likes

Chris Reason is presenting in Sydney tonight (and presumably all this week too).

6 Likes

Ryan Phelan is presenting sport and Angie Asmus on weather

4 Likes

Sarah Greenhalgh filed her first official report as Europe correspondent yesterday.

2 Likes

Monday 23 December-

Angie Asimus presented Early News.

Angela Cox is presenting Morning News and National Afternoon News

Ryan Phelan presented sport and Angela Cox also read the weather on the Morning News.

Ryan Phelan presented sport and Angie Asimus presented weather on Afternoon News.

6 Likes

Chris Reason is presenting in Sydney tonight.

4 Likes

I wonder what’s going on with Michael Usher.

When the whole The Latest and Usher drama went down last month, it was noted he was to focus on 6pm and that has happened yet.

Could those rumours of Michael replacing Mark have merit after all and Michael is having a break before taking over?

2 Likes

If the rumours have merit, then one wonders why Seven got Mark Ferguson to continue presenting bulletins for three weeks after the end of the ratings year?

As much as I personally think Seven News Sydney needs a new lead presenter for a new decade, at the same time it would not surprise me if no changes are made until (at least) the conclusion of Fergo’s current contract.

3 Likes

To let Musher have a break before taking over?

It would explain why Mark was presenting so late into the year - because he isn’t needed back in mid Jan.

1 Like