Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

@Pranks is onto something, I thought of Tamara too.

I mentioned Tamara when it first came out, but alot of people thought maybe not as Ian would be retiring soon?

1 Like

Hendo will be like Hitch and Walden. His still got 10 odd years left.

2 Likes

I don’t reckon. He’s been on four days a week for a few years now. Next year is his 27th year in the job and there’s constant gags about his golf game. Next year will be his last.

2 Likes

Big fan of Tam’s, be terrible to see her chase a dollar read out cheap petrol prices and introduce report after report of petty crime and car crashes caught on dashcam.

6 Likes

You’d have to imagine that Katrina Blowers will most likely be the successor to Kay McGrath (potentially even Sharyn Ghidella, if she were to move on from weeknight newsreading at some point) when she retires from Seven News Queensland?

Either way, it’s good that Katrina’s media career has come a long way since being one of the three co-presenters of Nine’s very short-lived “THISafternoon” all those years ago! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What about SBS? So racist! :laughing:

Yes, Katrina has anchored the 6pm news solo before, however, she was usually paired with Max.

@SydneyCityTV I am surprised that they didn’t get Arvo News presenter Kendall Gilding to anchor in Kay’s absence as I think she is being groomed for Sharyn’s gig.

4 Likes

Robert Ovadia presenting Seven’s Morning News

2 Likes

And has completely the wrong style of presentation for a commercial network. She almost whispers the news at the camera these days! I guess she could change.

4 Likes

Maybe it just seems like a whisper compared to the shouting you get elsewhere.

1 Like

Jane Bunn filled-in for David Brown on Seven Morning News (via BCM).

1 Like

Imagine putting her with Peter Mitchell as a double header. Good contrast :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Blake Johnson presenting Melbourne Afternoon News, Jacqueline Felgate is still on holidays.

2 Likes

Again, I have to ask the question: Why does Craig McPherson/Jason Morrison even still allow him to present news bulletins after the infamous comment made while crossing to Sport last September?!

With both Ann & David absent from today’s Morning News, personally I wonder if today might be a promo filming day for the Seven News Sydney presenting team.

Of course it’s also possible that both Ann & David are simply taking the day off, but it’s just a thought more than anything else! :slight_smile:

Refresh my memory?

It was a special bulletin that aired around 8pm due to an AFL finals match, which was probably one of the least watched editions of Seven News Sydney last year because an NRL Finals match was airing on Nine at the same time.

While segueing between news about North Korea and Sport, Robert Ovadia said something among the lines of “And Jim Wilson is always begging for war, he joins me now with Sport…” - IMO, that was inappropriate commentary which I reckon would’ve seen a more prominent presenter in hot water!

1 Like

I would assume he will be presenting all week and this weekend again.

1 Like

More likely. And Rob as a long time senior journo, would he not be part of the promo (as Seven News have been doing in each market - including their senior reporters / fill-in presenters)?

Robert Ovadia will be presenting Sydney’s 4pm News this afternoon judging by the update that was just on.

3 Likes