Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

And one I meant to post a while ago… I’m (somewhere) in the left of the image! Both Mel and Shane Webcke presenting live from the top of the stands at the Commonwealth Games Rugby 7s. I was watching on my phone in between games… and Fergo crossed ‘live’ to Mel after the lights and cameras had been turned off and Mel was back in her seat, with the crew packing up!

2 Likes

Is Mike Amor on leave or something? Haven’t seen him since his stint in December presenting Seven News Melbourne. I realise it was this time he announced his glaucoma and had subsequent treatment/surgery.

3 Likes

I don’t know if he’s been on-air since (don’t really watch Seven News too often anymore), but Twitter seems to suggest that Mike Amor flew back to LA after the presenting stint in Melbourne over Summer.

4 Likes

Mike’s last report was a week ago.

2 Likes

I noticed that someone has completeled a detailed list, showing the reporting team in Melbourne. Is this current? It shows at least 22 reporters currently working in the Melbourne newsroom.

Emily Angwin is filling in for Jane Bunn tonight.

4 Likes

Peter Mitchell presenting in Melbourne tonight. Jennifer Keyte is overseas

2 Likes
9 Likes

Ten News Perth?

2 Likes

Fantastic addition to Ten News Perth who are building a stronger team. I presume she will be a back up presenter too. Natalie is actually from WA she was a reader on GWN7

14 Likes

Ah, makes sense. So would’ve been a swift transition across to Prime Media’s eastern sister.

4 Likes

I would say they wanted Peter on… as they may win the week in the ratings. Very tight again.

3 Likes

I was just wondering yesterday morning what had happened to Nat Forrest on Seven ??

Who do we think will present 7 News Melbourne tonight?

Blake Johnson is presenting tonight.

5 Likes

Emily Angwin presenting weather in Melbourne tonight.

4 Likes

For Seven News Melbourne I think Jennifer Keyte should be the weeknight anchor, because she is miles ahead of Peter Mitchell (who is honestly ‘shouting’ out the news these days like Andrew Lofthouse and Alison Ariotti) and plus is a well-known face in Melbourne. Peter Mitchell used to be really good but the way he reads the news nowadays just seems very sensationalist and tabloid.

Blake Johnson should be presenting the afternoon news on a regular basis instead of hopeless Felgate too (in fact, I would go as far as saying that he should’ve read the national bulletins which came out of Melbourne not too long ago).

6 Likes

I’ll choose Seven News with Peter Mitchell over Nine News with Peter Hitchener any day.

For me it isn’t the presenter either, rather the presenter is fine and happens to be attached to the bulletin (which I prefer).

But, I’ll also choose Ten’s 5pm news over both Seven News / Nine News / ABC News if I can.

1 Like

There must be something in the water over at Seven Melbourne because majority of them are like that now. To name a few; Peter Mitchell, Jane Bunn, Emily Angwin, Jacqueline Felgate, Jodie Lee and perhaps Paul Dowsley.

2 Likes