Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:1129, topic:149”]
Even if Rod and Kay remained on weekdays, Rod would still leave to present Seven GC News
[/quote] That could be disputed. Yes, the move was more convenient but would he have switched if he wasn’t demoted?

Agree. But when Rod and Kay were anchoring the weeknights, it was always suggested and Seven admitted that they were grooming Sharyn for Kay’s job.

1 Like

I just wish they would do a more ‘gradual’ replacement, and not just promote and demote presenters immediately. Like if Sharyn was to replace Kay, they could replace her with Rod Young, or if they wanted to replace Young, they can put Bill with Kay, not just demote Queensland’s no.1 news presenters to promote a pair of amateurs in comparison.

1 Like

And I think that is what I have a problem with. If Kay and Rod left on their own account, honestly and don’t think I would hate either Sharyn or Bill, at least not as much.

Well Kay is left on her own now for the Weekend news. Hopefully she is still winning…

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:1134, topic:149”]
Well Kay is left on her own now for the Weekend news.
[/quote] Yes, Kay was ‘happy’ with the move but I don’t think she choose that time to leave, if you get what I mean. Anyway, I am really glad that Kay is now on the weekends, as Darren Curtis and Alison Ariotti are actually horrendous anchors, but that is another whinge for another topic.

2 Likes

Because of this, Kay wins even when she is on solo (but tbh even Sharyn and Bill would win anyway against Darren and Alison). A perfect case of Good medicine used in a bad way.

1 Like

Angie Asimus presenting Seven News At Five.

It could also be argued that Nine News’ implementation of automation (or to be more exact, the major technical errors which have affected the presentation/watchability of Nine News Sydney/Melbourne) and even the 60 Minutes scandal have helped Seven’s ratings this year. IMO, it’s a combination of several factors.

I also personally believe that Seven News would be rating considerably higher on the East Coast right now if they didn’t have a constantly rotating door of presenters (at least from a Sydney perspective) in recent years which has generally lead to network defects getting preferential treatment while popular/longtime presenters have either disappeared from our screens or been given reduced On-Air roles.

1 Like

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1138, topic:149”]
It could also be argued that Nine News’ implementation of automation…have helped Seven’s ratings this year.
[/quote] The argument goes in the same category, IMO, as whether on-air presentations such as sets and graphics affect ratings.

Angie is the usual anchor.

Sharyn isn’t an amateur. She’s a very good newsreader in her own right with over two decades experience.

5 Likes

Only when she isn’t compared with Kay McGrath.

1 Like

Valid points right up until you refer to Sharyn & Bill as ‘amateurs’. They have 40yrs of experience between them…,hardly amateurs.

2 Likes

Yes amateurs isn’t the right word but I think what he was saying they are amateurs in comparison to Rod and Kay’s experience particularly in anchoring.

That is the exact point I was trying to make in the previous post.

“Less experienced”.

3 Likes

But who copied who? :slight_smile: It’s hardly an original idea.

3 Likes

If both networks are on location at the same time at the same place then who copied who? Or is it just that its fairly common practice to send an anchor out to a major newsworthy event especially in markets where you have co-anchors

1 Like

What a stupid comment. How did they copy? They’re on air at the same time.

1 Like

Are you joking?

Having a break for a few days.