Seven News July 2020 presentation tweaks

So many locations. Split it up.

5 Likes

I don’t like the new graphics. They are even worse than those of 2010-11.
And the globe is gone.

5 Likes

Honestly can’t believe how horrible it all looks - combined with the mis-matched sets across the country, everything is an absolute dogs breakfast.

Why did they even feel a change was necessary? Do the new graphics even match the new network identity?

6 Likes

Not a fan of this change, quite frankly can’t understand the need for it.

I do like the headline transition and the lower third transition- in though but that’s about it.

1 Like

Sydney News Update:

2 Likes

This isn’t even identifiable as Melbourne. No landmarks to even showcase the city.

Also why is it just a flat image of the logo? Looks terrible

5 Likes

Sorry but that red UPDATE banner looks incredibly ugly, dated and out of place.

2 Likes

I like the idea of the font consistency across Seven - but it clearly does not work in with the current package. FAIL.

2 Likes

Very 9 inspired. I’m surprised they didn’t just go all out and put ‘Alert’ in the red box.

2 Likes

5pm bulletin in full

3 Likes

It hasn’t even been updated. The new Victoria Police Centre at 311 Spencer Street isn’t in the shot.

4 Likes

20200726_215125
20200726_215151
Seven News Melbourne and Adelaide Instagram profile pic accounts have been changed with the new font logo.

1 Like

Perth:

7 Likes

Well I can see Marvel Stadium, Seven Studios, and Eureka Skydeck

2 Likes

Well at least the desk now compliments the graphics.

6 Likes

It’s almost like a half refresh. Seems very sloppy. And also the font could not be worse, except for maybe Comic Sans MS

3 Likes

The studio isn’t a landmark. For example, the Sydney background has the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House. Perhaps the two most iconic in the country

3 Likes

I don’t classify marvel stadium as a recognisable landmark. Nor are the 7 studios.

And to see the eureka tower you have to search the image which even then it’s on the edge and half of it is cut out of the frame.

It’s a ugly city skyline shot. They should have gone for something nicer and more up to date - the cranes look messy

They should go for something different.
Something like this angle would be refreshing

8 Likes

Some elements are okay, but it’s so subtle that the average viewer probably won’t notice a thing.
Surely this has to be an in-house job by staff who are just trying to keep their jobs at SWM?

8 Likes