Seven News Content and Appearance

I believe there was copyright issue they had to resolve. The episode was uploaded yesterday.

3 Likes

Adelaide’s former 7NEWS helicopter (VH-NDY) recently made an appearance in an airline commercial (still with the old red and white colour scheme, minus the 7 logos and ‘NEWS’):

Turns out it is one of several helicopters at a Northern Territory company now:

6 Likes

LOL!

https://x.com/gw7771/status/1836707154793058762?t=TCpPwBflrfTvs7vorEwTRA&s=19

4 Likes

Really cool segment with Tim Watson and Scott Pendlebury in Melbourne last night. Surprised no one here noticed what they did with the Melbourne set.

2 Likes

Video here

https://x.com/7newsmelbourne/status/1836695297046544732?s=46&t=RPKXX3QJ5bwM_6c5rMb0SA

1 Like

10 Likes

Perth have being doing this kinda thing all year
With Adrian Barich & Ben Cousins

3 Likes

Friday September 20

P.S: Does anyone know how to embed a Facebook video to Media Spy?

This article has aged well…
https://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/channel-7-queensland-news-director-michael-coombes-posts-from-whitsundays/news-story/4ee931c15f2495edb162a49ed7e6b9cf?amp&nk=9f5ac99b82aa1b6cec607f4bb972aa1d-1726814934

Brisbane news director, Michael Coombes, to depart the troubled network at the end of next month and will take annual leave until then. 7 staff were informed via an email today.

3 Likes

What is happening in Brisbane? Wow.

1 Like

For context - the original article (paywall) said

Channel 7 has hosed down speculation over the future of its missing-in-action Queensland news director, after he resurfaced on social media enjoying the Great Barrier Reef.

Following a snap staff meeting on Wednesday, at which the network’s national deputy Ray Kuka admitted that even he did not know Mr Coombes’s employment status, a Seven spokesperson told The Courier-Mail he was on personal leave.

Now apparently

2 Likes

And another one bites the dust at the sinking ship that is 7 News Brisbane.

2 Likes

You’re surprised he left? Sydney making decisions about his bulletin (and anyone with any idea would know it would be for the worse) and the internal scrutiny over what happened in March.

Plus, I pretty sure his name was mentioned in those early reports when it was revealed Paul Burt was about to be on the out.

2 Likes

My comment was more generalised about the state of Brisbane and the mess they’re in.

Absolutely not surprised he, or anyone else, is leaving. Writing is on the wall.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who mistook this for some sort of Better Homes and Gardens segment? Especially if you compare it with this old BHG intro (1:18) :rofl:

6 Likes

Graphics probably copied the exact same template from the BH&G team.

On another note, nice to have you back @marquisite.

7 Melbourne has had a great week.

9 was behind on the big story about Daylesford crash at 4pm. It was big breaking news and noticed 7 had it and 9 didn’t. For about 11 minutes.

7’s footy content has also been stronger.

I like Tom, TJ and Alicia, their banter is nice… But if you’re looking at the stories - 7 had a better week.

That satire mock someone made earlier this month is really beginning to be a prophecy here.

1 Like

BHG had dropped their long-running extended opener and theme music this year, which used to feature more of that template and colour scheme.

:notes: Ooh… Getting better, yeah. Life keeps getting better all the time. Getting better… :notes:

3 Likes

I realise off-topic but worst thing BHG did was remove the catchy theme. A TV theme is part of the soul of a show

3 Likes