Seven News Content and Appearance

No 6:57 News in Adelaide.

Yep.

Nope due to AFL the bulletin finished at 6:54.

1 Like

Well no, that’s not the reason. It looks like it was axed. It didn’t air anywhere.

Didn’t think it was axed until looking this way. It didn’t air last week either due to the footy finals so I reckon that’s the same reason, but if it’s axed across the nation then good riddance.

It aired last Friday 6 Sep in other markets.

3 Likes

But nowhere tonight.

Let’s hope it’s gone.

4 Likes

On an unrelated note: Seven News Adelaide with their fake nighttime backdrop, badly contrasted by a live cross with Amelia on Adelaide Oval. Looks silly really.

Even worse considering the morning, afternoon or 5 PM news never utilises their live and better-looking sky cam

3 Likes

Mark is in France…

4 Likes

Surprising to see him in France considering he just began his hosting duties.
Maybe it is axed.

1 Like

Could be that he had the holiday booked prior to being hired by Seven.

As mentioned on Seven News Adelaide - we’re stuck with him for at least 5 months, and possibly up to four years.

Not necessarily.

They could just pay him out the 5 months if it means getting him off air as soon possible.

1 Like

You guys haven’t won yet:

4 Likes

Ugh. Stay there.

2 Likes

I’ve actually never watched the segment, however one did pop up on my feed just now, needless to say it’s one of the most strangest thing I’ve seen on Aussie TV News since well, ever.

Truly embarrassing. I get the need to ‘try’ new things, but I’ve never seen something so cringe.

Apparently the staff have put the feedback forward around this and it’s not pretty. Let’s see if 7 listen to their staff.

4 Likes

He never said he’d be doing it when he came back (wishful thinking)

1 Like

Funnily enough, my mum commented to me last week that she actually enjoys the segment.
Perhaps outside of MS the general public enjoy some light humour on a Friday?

5 Likes

Melbourne tonight just went from Jane Bunn’s Bright Side (and antarctic forecast!) to Johanna Griggs’ BH&G preview/7Two advisory into the AFL, no 6.57

3 Likes

I mean my mum likes the approach they took with the whole horoscopes thing so maybe?

My whole family only watch Nine News and current affairs so they have no idea what I’m talking about when I mentioned the horoscopes and comedy segments.

2 Likes

Love my comedy
Love satire especially
This guy delivers neither
6:57 Fridays has become time to make a cuppa

3 Likes