Seven News Content and Appearance

Did these updates go national or just to Melbourne?

After last Monday’s broadcast from Frankston, Seven News Melbourne’s 4pm bulletin will be broadcast live from Yarraville in the city’s inner west tomorrow (Monday), as part of the focus on suburbs series. Jane Bunn will present weather live from Yarraville during both 4pm and 6pm news.

5 Likes

Seems like Seven Melbourne are going for this local angle in an attempt to get ahead of Nine in the ratings again. Nine have been winning quite comprehensively so far this year.

2 Likes

With the AFL about to begin, seven should regain some advantage thursday to sunday. They would be hoping there’s a halo effect that comes with it.

3 Likes

Promo seems to be running in all markets

4 Likes

Interesting, was wondering why there was a John Stanton V/O for this, when there is usually a different V/O for story specific promos. Thought that only Adelaide would be showing it (since Kangaroo Island is in SA), but nice to see the story getting national attention.

1 Like

Very slight tweak to the graphics. Watermark and supers have moved down a few pixels.

How often does Seven Melbourne fail to cover a story that Nine manages to cover? It’s the other way round quite a bit.

All the time.

Can you think of a story they fail to cover, which Nine manages to cover?

Please give us an example of the other way. I assume your comment means there was one tonight

Trying to understand what you mean by this?

You saying 7 or 9 have more exclusive stories?

I think what he’s saying is that 7 reports more stories than 9 - not necessarily more exclusives as such, more a higher story count.

Not sure about specific story selecfion discussion. However, feel like there were a few occasions last year where Seven Melbourne seemed to breaking local stories well before Nine, or providing more comprehensive coverage of developing local stories. Seven were doing very well in the ratings at this time, something that has since reversed.

1 Like

Oh yeh agree 7 has way more stories. 9 spend more time on things like talking to Tony Jones.

2 Likes

No I’m saying there’s times that Seven file a story that Nine fail to cover. This would happen with Seven too where Nine file a report but Seven fail to cover it themselves.

1 Like

You can’t expect both newsrooms to have exactly the same stories and rundown. Just the same as having their own exclusives.

This is why we have choice. Pick a bulletin you enjoy more and watch it.

17 Likes

Hint - it’s clearly not 9. Despite the persistence.

OK mate, I think he gets the picture. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If they can move the desk out for other shows, they why can’t they switch the Melbourne desk back to how it was before. Or at least, get rid of the grey stripe on the floor so it isn’t obvious that the desk is in a different spot than it is meant to be.

6 Likes