Seven News Content and Appearance

The Feel Again promos circa 2013 are probably my favourite.

4 Likes

I really disliked this promo. It wasn’t news like at all and wreaked of 80s corniness

I really liked this one as well it was timed with the Today Tonight revival with Helen which was a good campaign as well.
The issue though, in using your presenters in these ways is that it isn’t real. They aren’t out in the community like this every day. It’s a photo op.
What would make more sense would be to have the reporters in those suburbs interacting with the community. Have the light hearted off camera moments and the tough moments. That shows more organic and wider reach of being within the community.

It’s the issue I have with the new promo. Mitch doesn’t just go for a wander every day, he only goes out when they are shooting a promo. It doesn’t show a community link. It’s the same with when they fly sunrise down and do local promos. We know they don’t live here.

Does Mitch normally walk around in the community in a suit jacket when he isn’t at work? It comes across staged and disingenuous to me.

3 Likes

Jesus, I can’t even remember that promo and completely forgot the Jo filled in on the weather.

1 Like

A perfect example.

“Seven News knows Sydney BECAUSE we live here”.

They’re explaining WHY and HOW they know Sydney.

These new ones just have them walking around Melbourne with no reasoning or purpose made clear to the audience.

I can walk around Melbourne too. Where’s my tv commercial? lol

1 Like

What service are you providing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Wouldn’t you like to know, James? :joy:

I do. But don’t call be James because that’s not my name. :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, Jim. :frowning:

1 Like

Is that literally true that there is no body else in the entire world that knows news like your channel?"

(The Weekend Australian. 5-6 June 99, p5.)

Video:

4 Likes

That 60 sec promo for Seven News Melbourne is pretty good.

I thought Perth got an actual set with 50+ replies to this thread! Ahhh very underwhelming

2 Likes

You thought a new set launched in the middle of the week?

I kinda thought the same actually since this thread and The Latest’s one has been more active as of recently :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

If Perth got an actual set the hamsters wouldn’t be able to keep up with the traffic :laughing:.

2 Likes

I’m surprised how nobody has mentioned how that opening shot on the new Melbourne promo is at least 5+ years old… 108 is only about 60% complete. It’s been finished for years.

I’m really not a fan of the national background. It really does look like a futuristic polluted city.

4 Likes

Looks like final update for the night is a straight cross to Mark Riley.

Earlier crosses featured Mike Amor

4 Likes