Crawlers today.

2 Likes

Don’t they do crawlers every day?

1 Like

Yep, he was just posting to showcase today’s. :+1:

1 Like

Do all states have them?

1 Like

During AFL coverage, 7NEWS Adelaide would have one to promote the 6pm service, now it’s a VO over the match commentary, which as you can imagine no one likes.

2 Likes

How can 7 be moving out of their current Sydney premises by the end of the month? That’s 7 days away. Even if they moved today, it would be hard to be packed up and out in that time frame.

2 Likes

I would say newsroom staff would be moved out first. Sydney News might be the first program to move over.

These things are usually staged out.

6 Likes

Depends how many people they have to do the move. When I have been involved in office moves it’s done on a Friday you put all your stuff in a marked box and you turn up on Monday at the new location and your box is at your desk and everything else was moved over. Sure they would have bigger equipment to move but I doubt it would take more than a day to move everything. A make good is probably pushing it though, but not impossible.

2 Likes

Nowhere else has them during The Case AFAIK.

1 Like

Mike Amor reading the Morning News out of Melbourne this morning.

5 Likes

You’re looking at EOFY at best, still possibly longer depending on how the build of new sets is going.

7 Likes

The rest of the building might move with the studios/on air the last to go.

2 Likes

A lot of the tech will be left behind I would say. Some moved over but they would be doing a new fit out in the new studios etc.
You have to remember they have almost been at Martin place for 20 years and a lot of it would be older tech.

So like Nine it’s possible they may leave a bit behind or it’ll just be dumped / sold off than trucked over.

In usual cases we will probably see a weekend changeover and then come Monday new broadcast of News with Sunrise last I would say. Similar to what Nine did with Today.

It’s also possible they are using these windows of broadcasting national bulletins out of Melbourne to test out the new studios and tech and do a faux bulletin alongside Melbourne as they are live

12 Likes

Totally agree with everyone’s comments but my point is they now have 7 days to be out if 31 May is the deadline. Not even a word of moving… you’d think the Sunrise hosts would at least make a comment.

1 Like

Or maybe they don’t want the public to know? Or again, the on air components are staying for longer than the rest of the place?

2 Likes

Has this been confirmed or do they have until July?

From memory, Nine didn’t make any mentions about the move until the final day or two on air. Think they did do a special on its history tho.
Don’t see why Seven would make a fuss about it, especially since the Martin Place studio isn’t as prestigious as Willoughby

2 Likes

Exactly, though to the average viewer they wouldn’t really have been able to tell that Nine moved given the same set essentially was reproduced, while this Seven one will be more obvious.

1 Like

I don’t think the TCN history program aired did it? I know it was due to and then it got pulled?

1 Like

That’s what I read here somewhere, hence my original comment.

1 Like