Seven News Content and Appearance

They did. Not sure if they had the interview though.

9 didn’t. Looked like they got wind of it late.

Nine must have gotten it by finding out via Seven’s news updates. At GTV9 someone watches the news updates so they can try to get stories off Seven. If they find that Seven is running a story Nine isn’t they will make a story. They must have not gotten to get the interview in time.

Reminds me of that episode of Frontline where for some reason Channel 9 were getting all of Frontline’s big stories.

1 Like

Seven also posted the story on their socials and then on-line during the afternoon.

This is the story.

2 Likes

Seven Brisbane have been running big for the last few days with this report for tonight .

2 Likes

I’ve probably missed it, but how long have Brisbane been using those ugly weather icons?

1 Like

Noticed a few new angles in the Brisbane bulletin which I haven’t seen before.
The opening story had standing presentation in front of the desk.

Virtual graphics for finance

2 Likes

If the set wasn’t so rundown then the opening shot actually wouldn’t look so bad.

1 Like

Standing in front of the desk is new.
Virtual graphics like shown above have been used for a number of years.

3 Likes

Superstar farewell for Olivia Newton-John

Join 7NEWS to say goodbye at the State memorial for ‘Our Livvy’

The life and legacy of Australia’s sweetheart, Dame Olivia Newton-John AC DBE, will be celebrated at her star-studded memorial service, to air this Sunday 26 February, 3.30pm AEDT on Channel 7 and 7plus.

The beloved Grease and Xanadu songbird, who died after a long and courageous battle with breast cancer in August last year, will be honoured for her extraordinary entertainment career and her ground-breaking advocacy for cancer awareness.

Her superstar friends and international co-stars, including John Travolta, Paul Hogan and Delta Goodrem, are expected to join Olivia’s daughter Chloe Lattanzi, husband John Easterling and her extended family and fans in the emotional send-off from the city she called home, Melbourne.

Seven’s coverage, live from the famed Hamer Hall, will be hosted by 7NEWS Melbourne presenters Mike Amor and Rebecca Maddern, while Australia’s entertainment guru and Sunrise and The Morning Show expert**,** Peter Ford, will relay industry tributes and guide viewers through official proceedings.

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews will lead the dignitaries and VIP guests, who are scheduled to walk the “orange” carpet, designed to lift spirits and celebrate the magic and wonder of ONJ’s colourful and purposeful life.

3 Likes

Getting big Melbourne bulletin vibes from this.

4 Likes

Gold Coast News comp in conjunction with 92.5 MMM

I actually prefer it to Melbourne… shocking I know.

1 Like

I wont lie the Brisbane set has grown on me in the latest colour scheme. One of the few times the lipstick on a pig approach has worked. Definitely on its last leg, but has done well in this iteration.

3 Likes

The promo for Seven’s telecast of Olivia Newton-John state memorial

5 Likes

I agree. They know how to make sets last in Queensland while still looking somewhat fresh. What they have been able to do at Maroochydore is pretty damn impressive. Brisbane is showing signs of its age for sure but it still looks decent.

It could always be worse. They could have gotten the Perth desk. :wink:

8 Likes

On a USB stick?

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with Perth’s desk at least they aren’t squashed together like sardines🤪

Interesting to hear Kathleen O’Connor say ‘they’ll need a hell of a lot more…’ in her report tonight.

3 Likes