Seven News Content and Appearance

Probably because Perth prefer it to be more locally focused. As others have stated here, Perth is very much like a big country town. Seven seem to acknowledge that at it works for them there.

1 Like

Excellent promo. Quite the elevation for Shirvo.

6 Likes

There was also a 60 second version later on. Sydney’s version had Daniel Gibson in it

6 Likes

There is a Perth version as well

10 Likes

Hooray!

Too much east coast news in that Perth promo. They really should’ve focused more heavily on WA stories.

10 Likes

The three-note “Know The News” sting taken from The Mission would’ve been perfect to end those promos.

The promos are fantastic regardless.

5 Likes

Great promos, however I’ve never liked the slogan Know the News.

Too similar to ABC’s far superior Know the Story.

2.5 million us in Wa!!!

1 Like

Know the news has been around much longer than Know the story.

1 Like

Not quite. ‘Know the News’ became sort of a re-tooling of the slogan ‘Nobody Knows News Like Seven’. This was last year.

ABCs ‘Know the Story’ has been around since 2018.

1 Like

Meh. I know people here like it, but it’s really nothing new under the sun. Dramatic music over shots of things happening.

It is well produced and a showcase of their resources, I will give it that.

But, inserting Seven News reporters into the story like they did with Chris Reason in Kyiv and Paul Burt on the beach feels a bit off to me.

Having Mark Ferguson walking towards the camera with the team behind him three times in a single promo felt a bit repetitive and staged. Could’ve used a different shot for at least one of them.

2 Likes

I don’t like the “know the news” slogan I think they can do better. “Nobody Knows News Like Seven” is much better.

However in saying this I do like this promo.

5 Likes

I think these are fantastic promos. Amazing job by whoever came up with them.

I don’t mind “Know The News” but they should have stuck with “Nobody Knows News Like Seven”. Not everything needs to change and that was always a great tag to use.

2 Likes

What, is that not “breaking news”?

1 Like

It’s hyper local and that’s what people want.

What’s the issue here? If this happened at my Uni for example, I’d think it’d be fitting for broadcast news. The fact that it’s a Primary school shouldn’t dictate it’s status as breaking news if that’s what the issue is.

3 Likes

I didn’t say that the fact that it happened at a primary school had anything to do with this.

Then why is this not worthy of breaking news? 11 children being chemically burned is quite a significant story

8 Likes

I am trying to work out what the 65 Newsrooms those promos allude to are…

There’s the obvious ones…

1 Brisbane
2 Sydney
3 Melbourne
4 Adelaide
5 Perth
6 Parliament House
7 Los Angeles
8 London

Prime
9 Albury
10 Dubbo
11 Orange
12 Coffs Harbour
13 Taree
14 Lismore
15 Tamworth
16 Wagga Wagga
17 Canberra
18 Wollongong
19 Newcastle

7Qld
20 Gold Coast
21 Cairns
22 Townsville
23 Mackay
24 Wide Bay
25 Toowoomba
26 Sunshine Coast
27 Rockhampton

GWN
28 Bunbury
29 Albany
30 Kalgoorlie
31 Karratha
32 Geraldton
33 Broome

But then what? Possibly different network show offices count as a newsroom…
34 Sunrise
35 Morning Show
36 The Latest
37 7News Online

But then what again? Do we count the last few non-O&O affiliates?
38 Hobart
39 Launceston
40 Port Lincoln
41 Whyalla
42 Port Augusta
43 Port Pirie
44 Broken Hill

Still leaves us 20 short? Are they including overseas affiliates maybe? TV3, ITN, NBC? But that’d be many many more.

2 Likes