Seven News Content and Appearance

That’s an excellent promo. And shows preparation given some of the locations the promos were filmed (Buckingham Palace, Fed Square etc).

9 Likes

Have to agree… this is definitely a promo that defines 7 News overtaking Nine on the east coast, especially with the win in Melbourne this year.

Also great seeing them highlight their regional assets.

5 Likes

With the clear momentum at the moments… it’s only a matter of time until 7 News claims Sydney. 2023 is going to be interesting year in the harbour city.

3 Likes

Fantastic promos. Only things I find a bit odd is you have sunrise twice, but both times Nat speaks and Kochie just stands there smiling? Wouldnt you have given them a clip each?

6 Likes

Somehow I feel like WIN News could get the Nine graphics but with the “WIN News” name like with NBN News. However if Nine want to compare to Seven they COULD count WIN/NBN newsrooms and add 22 more.

They could brand themselves as having a bureau in every state compared to Seven and Ten not having bureaus in Tasmania and the NT.

2 Likes

Rob Brough and Steve Titmus included in new Qld promo…
Rob speaks twice. Saw it in Brisbane tonight.

2 Likes

Havent seen anything air in Adelaide as of yet

1 Like

There probably won’t be one. Who would anchor it? Jane’s leaving and they haven’t announced her replacement.

1 Like

Well a promo like the ones above aren’t created over night. They could have already had one in the pipeline for Adelaide but have chosen not to air it

1 Like

Doubt they’d have enough studio space within Hindmarsh to fit the whole News crew in there, it’s a tight squeeze normally.

I’m trying to work out where they got the 65 newsrooms figure from. I can only think of about 25 including the regionals and Canberra bureau.

1 Like

8 Likes

With both networks using different graphic systems and management that don’t see eye to eye, I don’t think we’ll be seeing any investment from WIN anytime soon to align with the 9 news branding. No doubt 9 news bosses would love to have their news brand and total control in regional Australia to counteract 7, but it’s obviously not in their budget at the moment.

1 Like

Apologies. Forgot to mention Joanne Desmond as well.

1 Like

I managed to get 38, which included 10 newsrooms in regional WA. Surely they wouldnt have SCA’s newsrooms counted in these promos. But also how many newsrooms/bureaus does Seven have overseas?

1 Like

I’ve noticed that Perth usually bucks the trend of these uniform nationwide promos when they roll out, but it would be nice if we did see something similar tonight.

They also seem to be allergic to using the all red 7NEWS logo for some reason. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Certainly pushing the female faces in that Sydney team shot. I know they are appealing to grocery shopping mums but it feels a bit eh to me:

The limited roles of Usher and Amor as part of their local news teams is also interesting…

4 Likes

Mmm… not really needed I suppose as Perth will watch Seven no matter what.

1 Like

Fair enough. :joy:

But it is unfortunate that Rick and Sue are not featured in the newsrooms around the country montage.

They should still be seen regardless if there’s no localised promo for Perth, given not only their contribution to 7NEWS over the decades, but the fact that they are officially in the world record books.

I don’t see the harm of using a closeup shot of the desk at least. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Because Seven know the east doesn’t deserve to see that monstrosity of a set on any promo.