Seven News Content and Appearance

Rebecca Maddern has handed over to Peter Mitchell

3 Likes

3:20pm: Peter Mitchell now hosting.

1 Like

He doesn’t do rolling coverage well… surprised they are handing to him. It’s fumble city

2 Likes

I would assume to give Bec a break before the 4pm news starts.

Yeah she’s back again. Wish they would bloody drop the Docklands backdrop. The Yarra river backdrop would be more appropriate aside from it being a nicer shot anyway…

Impressive changeover there on 7. Mitch and Bec changed seats, un-mic and re mic up within 53 seconds.

7 Likes

Don’t they wear wireless mics nowadays?

2 Likes

Normally these threads go off when there’s rolling coverage. Not much comment today.

2 Likes

Seven seemed to have more pre-recorded stories than Nine, or at least spread them out across the coverage while Nine focused on multiple live-reports in a row.

2 Likes

7 was also on air longer this afternoon. From 12 to 5. 9 took a break for game shows from 2 to 4.

1 Like

Vast difference in 6pm presentation between Seven and Nine, with Nine being completely on location.

1 Like
7 Likes

No doubt will be shown at the end of Have You Been Paying Attention? tomorrow night or next week and on The Cheap Seats.

5 Likes

I believe 7two in Melbourne broke into programs (this afternoon) with the PM and premiers press coverage on the Victorian Floods.

1 Like

Tony Auden’s promo to counter Nine’s

5 Likes

Seven Melbourne taking media conference. (Also on ABC News)

2 Likes

Rebecca Maddern in Shepparton with Mike Amor in the studio for Melbourne’s 4pm news.

5 Likes

Nice seeing Bec utilised to her skillset, actually out in the field chasing the story, Nine didn’t give her any opportunities like this and they were silly to not do so.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but Bec was never employed by the newsroom at Nine, any stories she ‘chased’ were for the Footy Show.

3 Likes

My point exactly, she was wasted in that role and should’ve been doing News for them to begin with.