Seven News Content and Appearance

No I just want to see the money spent where it matters not on another studio and presenting team, how many on the road journos or new content could be provided by better utilising resources. I think many members on this forum forget the majority of viewers are non the wiser as to where their news comes from, this is why the centralisation has been so successful. The only thing they would likely notice is the change of presenter, that’s easily solved, move the local presenter to the central studio for a year and then hand over the ropes.

It won’t work. Nine would just take the local talent left behind in Perth and heavily advertise the fact that they are locally produced and based within Perth.

I know we say people won’t switch but this would seriously dint the Seven News brand in Perth. As a business perspective, this would be damaging and idiotic to mess with a formulae that’s making the network a shitload of money.

Perth will switch channels, I can guarantee it. The Melbourne market is the same. Local news is king for Seven and Nine, don’t mess with it.

If Seven needs to save money. The Afternoon News would go national. The Latest and The Morning Show would be axed first before moving local presentation.

3 Likes

No need to repeat yourself. You are clearly ignorant of the potential impact. Which isn’t a shock considering your username.

Just re-locate the anchors you say? Try googling Charmaine Dragun. Sadly she killed herself after being forced to relocate to Sydney from WA to present 10 News Perth.

Let’s move on now. Repetition.

2 Likes

“Amber Alert” Openers & Update from last Thursday:

4pm Opener:

6pm Opener:

4:30pm half hour from today:

1 Like

Are news networks supposed to bleep out the word “shit”?

Here in Melbourne, they were just interviewing former Richmond player Jake King about the lockdowns and he used that word.

I don’t think I’ve heard that word used on Seven News Melbourne before IIRC, so just wondering if it’s allowed?

1 Like

Why not have Rick and Susannah present the eastern states news from Perth… What a Brilliant idea :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

If Kerry Stokes had his way Rick and Susannah would read every 6pm bulletin in every state capital :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve heard it plenty of times on the 6pm news!

2 Likes

Look I can see your point, local production has a promotional benefit however our media companies are struggling right now, surely centralisation is better than cutting services. We’ll have to be a case of wait and see they need to do something.

1 Like

No. Move on mate.

4 Likes

Yep, but what I’m saying cuts can be made in other areas. You don’t touch the networks main 6pm product that anchors and leads into primetime. This would be an utterly stupid business decision and shortsighted. It would only damage seven in the long run. If it’s required, other saving can be made within the news department before centralising presentation. Seven is successful in local news and it makes a shitload of money for them.

3 Likes

Question is, how would they rate up against Peter Overton in Sydney?

Last time Seven News Sydney attempted a double-header for its news (Ross Symonds and Ann Sanders), the ratings were so dismal that both were moved on in favour of Ian Ross in 2003.

2 Likes

They’re def a Perth thing, they look like creepy reanimated dolls to me, and Rick has a terrible delivery. But I’m not from there.

3 Likes

Why are you even entertaining this wild and absurd idea?

1 Like

Very poorly would be my guess. Nine would likely swoop on the opportunity by heavily promoting how Peter Overton is so deeply entrenched in Sydney and how he knows the metropolitan area better than anyone else, etc…actually I’m surprised they haven’t done that already.

Anyway, can we go back on topic now? I’m starting to get dizzy reading all these bizarre ideas!

1 Like

Perhaps Rick and Sue’s appeal to Perth is the same as Peter Overton in Sydney.

It would never work. As much as Ferguson is boring he’s more recognised in Sydney than Rick and Sue. Plus the set in Sydney looks a LOT better than the rubbish in Perth.

2 Likes

I think everybody needs to a be a little more open minded to others opinions. That’s what media and democracy should be about diversity. My final point is t say in the event of cost cutting it’s better to make a small change in presentation in one market whilst keeping the same level of content then to cut services completely, especially when they serve the entire country. I believe Channel 10s strategy will win out it keeps the most people employed without changing content. At the end of the day none of us on this forum have the power to change anything.

Laughable garbage. Ten’s approach will be catastrophic. They never learn.

Have you considered paragraphs?

4 Likes

I think everybody needs to shut up about 7NEWS Centralisation, it’s extremely doubtable to happen as 7NEWS is one of the main leading networks of News & ‘Current Affairs,’ along with 9NEWS.

10 Network is not about news, they just give news and that’s it, they don’t go to levels that 7 and 9 would go to. They are network entertainment and drama, not news, not current affairs.

5 Likes

I think 9 News should move studio production to Vietnam. It’s cheaper, they can do far more impressive sets for half the cost - while still delivering a superior product.

17 Likes