Seven News Content and Appearance

Oh yeh agree 7 has way more stories. 9 spend more time on things like talking to Tony Jones.

2 Likes

No I’m saying there’s times that Seven file a story that Nine fail to cover. This would happen with Seven too where Nine file a report but Seven fail to cover it themselves.

1 Like

You can’t expect both newsrooms to have exactly the same stories and rundown. Just the same as having their own exclusives.

This is why we have choice. Pick a bulletin you enjoy more and watch it.

17 Likes

Hint - it’s clearly not 9. Despite the persistence.

OK mate, I think he gets the picture. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If they can move the desk out for other shows, they why can’t they switch the Melbourne desk back to how it was before. Or at least, get rid of the grey stripe on the floor so it isn’t obvious that the desk is in a different spot than it is meant to be.

6 Likes

I have fought this case many times over the years haha. But at this point it doesn’t matter - they’ll be in a new studio next year. Let’s just hope it lines up properly on that set :wink:

3 Likes

Clearly not.

And thanks for yet another meaningful contribution to a topic :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Seeing that they’ll be moving soon I don’t think it’s a priority.

How often does SBS, ABC, and 10 ‘fail’ to cover a story that 7 or 9 does? Probably lots. But you have choice to watch a bulletin that more often than not covers the news that is important to you. If you don’t like the stories, switch the channel.

Secondly, it isn’t always a ‘fail’ for not covering a story. Yes sometimes a story is missed, but likely they’ve made a choice not to cover something. No one sits at home watching 7 and 9 back to back so no one will know nor care.

You say it like there’s some requirement that they do? They make different judgements, have different resources, so unless it’s a major story then they’ll run different things sometimes.

1 Like

Any reason why The Morning News is coming out of Melbourne?

Angela Cox did Sydney 4pm and The Latest yesterday, assuming the same may happen today. So they need somebody else to do the Morning News in Ann’s absence and I guess it made sense to use Mike/Bec who are there for Melbourne 4pm anyway rather than pulling a reporter out of the field in Sydney.

4 Likes

Anyone have thoughts of why they would have done this? It is such a minor change. It looks a little too close to the bottom of the screen I think.

Found this photo of the existing 7NEWS Perth set in 2021:

7 Likes

That green screen burns my eyes :dizzy_face:

They should just bite the bullet and do a physical replica of the Sydney set.

11 Likes

Horrid! Still hoping for a new real set or at the very least a new desk and virtual set that looks like Sydney.

6 Likes

Mannnnnn how could they do this to Rick and Sue?!

2 Likes

What’s stopping them from upgrading the set for all these years?

Just because we don’t like how it looks doesn’t mean it needs upgrading. Like it works for them doesn’t it?

1 Like