Seven News Content and Appearance

As per caps above, the first 5pm bulletin from Adelaide

11 Likes

Any reason why it came out of Adelaide this afternoon?

I don’t think it would be about getting a few extra % points (unless somehow miraculously those % points exclusively came from rival networks and none of Seven’s channels otherwise what’s the point?) I think it would be more about:

• repurposing and re-using existing content and infrastructure to add even more content and output at incremental cost (Ie pump out more with what they are already paying for)

• adding even more content to the 7+, 7news.com.AU ecosystem to be able to better compete against abc News, nine/smh/age/

• and adapt to consumer habits of news and media consumption which is increasingly away from set times at 7am, 4pm, 6pm etc to user on demand “always on” news. If 7 doesn’t do it 9 will. And if 9 doesn’t do it - seven will. Eventually. It’s inevitable. The way digital news is always on 24/7 - eventually “TV” news needs to be too.

2 Likes

ABC, CBS, NBC would add their streaming channels to FTA too if they owned spectrum and could. But they mostly rely on affiliates. Seven has the advantage of owning the air channels that reach 90% + of the population - if US networks did too their streaming channels would simulcast over the air.

If 9 or 7 do a news channel in the next few years - I’d imagine it’s “everywhere” - both FTA, 7+, 9now, online, digital, etc… they’ll go as wide as possible.

2 Likes

That would be like bringing back the state editions of 7:30; probably wouldn’t work, and eventually would be scrapped.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Prime7 & GWN7 Local News

Seven seeking to close the news ratings gap with this marketing initiative in Sydney. Are they doing it in other markets? I wonder if Nine will counter with a similar giveaway. Bring back news bingo, I say!

4 Likes

Yes - 7 News Brisbane is bribing viewers to watch as well.

5 Likes

Yes Melbourne too.

Looks like it is $250,000 across all markets.

3 Likes

I think that was a given. I can’t see Coles or Seven spending $1.25million on a competition like this.

3 Likes

So strange to use her and not one of the main presenter who were both on that night.

2 Likes

Seven Brisbane breaking into programming this morning. Not covered by any other network including ABC News.

6 Likes

Old supers being used?

2 Likes

Usually it’s done under a contra deal with a network.

No sign of the desk in the 5pm bulletin coming from Perth :smile: The green screen is particularly noticeable.

7 Likes

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light::question::question::question:

Why? It came from Adelaide last week.

1 Like

Tim is a great presenter. Defiantly network standard.

2 Likes

Defying Seven’s standards.