Seven News Content and Appearance

Hope so!

So far im impressed, will still need more added to it of course, but that massive video wall is definitely a plus, im liking it so far

1 Like

A glimpse at 7 News’ new ‘mic flags’, as seen in the Prime/GWN News thread.

5 Likes

Seven News in Melbourne will start late today, with the AFL match between Hawthorn and Brisbane Lions to finish just after 6pm AEST.

EDIT: the bulletin started at 6.10pm.

3 Likes

Like the last election set, this was custom designed for the occasion. And I’m pretty sure this was housed inside the NEP studio space next to 7 at Eveleigh.

From what I’m told, the new news/Sunrise/TMS sets aren’t constructed yet.

10 Likes

Hopefully they can take any lessons they learnt from the election set, and any gripes with Martin Place, when building their new set at Eveleigh.

4 Likes

Another look at new mic flags

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd4yV8LvNfq

10 Likes

Interesting to see 7, 9 and WIN changing flags at the same time. I assume the mic branding will be sent down to PRIME?

Fantastic

1 Like

Q: Is mic flag the correct description for these? Or is it windsock or is either ok?

1 Like

I see them as a branded windsock.

I don’t see them lasting very long either with the print being done onto the foam of it, won’t take long for it to crack up and peel off.

5 Likes

Melbourne reporters also using the new 7 News mic’s.

5 Likes

Breaking news in the new look.
Not as overkill as the last but still OTT.

10 Likes

A lot nicer.

4 Likes

That’s more accurate.

They need some kind of texture on the perspex between the two screens. The old blue perspex had those vertical scan lines, surprised they didn’t simply recreate the same panels in white.

3 Likes

I agree. The set just doesn’t look as nice in this new variant.

1 Like

Yeah even if they put a Perspex clear angle infront of the current white Perspex, create some depth Infront of it etc.

What a way to absolutely destroy a news theme.

2 Likes

I actually thought it was quite creative. Why not play around with it. Not like it’s for broadcast lol

8 Likes

The problem with putting “EXCLUSIVE” across a story with this graphics package.

Later we saw the following.

4 Likes