Seven News Content and Appearance

It’s the same desk without the glass top which is what they changed it to. I prefer it over what they ended up using which made it look like a massive Sunbeam iron!

1 Like

I wonder if they could move the set elements around the newsroom window to reflect the angled treatment on the right side of this shot? To remove the random black panel left of the screen and better match the desk - would be a very quick improvement.

6 Likes

Great idea. It would match the new angle the desk brings. I can’t help but think the frosted panels on the left newsroom window are all misplaced. The right ones all look uniform. Must be the better angle.

3 Likes

Would probably involve partly dismantling part of the set or studio wall.

They could just put a vertical screen on a stand, similar to the normal screen they used to put there, to disguise the black panel?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s hard to tell what’s structural, what’s fixed and what would be easy to move. The overhead panel lighting would also be impacted - probably a stretch too far.

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Hey whats this little strange box in the corner?? That shouldn’t be there.

3 Likes

Today… Adelaide Morning

Adelaide 4pm

6 Likes

What makes the morning backdrop even worse is that they seem to use it on and off with the 7 news logo??

10 Likes

Why such a different look between morning and afternoon? So weird.

2 Likes

6pm

5 Likes

The desk also needs to be centred with the backdrop. It looks weird with it being off line with the backdrop. I definitely despise this angle now too.

I think having it off to the side allows them to do the standing presentation for sports.

5 Likes

Yes, I would prefer that they keep the desk where it is, as the standing presentation for sport looks quite good IMO

5 Likes

Have the sports presenter seated at the desk and get some standup videowall installed too.

Why spend the money when what they’re doing works perfectly now? That doesn’t make sense

5 Likes

Lol. You’ve just said the desk needs to be centered, which it is, as per your attachment.

The presenter needs to be centered.

16 Likes

7 Adelaide’s who approach is so inconsistent. They have 4 different image packages for the 4 different bulletins. The presenters chop and change every day. It’s all over the shop.

2 Likes

I feel like they also need to find a different image for the 4pm news during the summer because it looks like a sunset then in the 6pm bulletin its full sun out emulating the light outside

2 Likes

I don’t get making the 4 and 6pm hyper local feeling with quite stunning Adelaide city backdrops and then doing a local bulletin at 1130 but making it look and feel generic and National

Everything on our screens is networked and National. If something has the opportunity to reflect it’s local city - it should

9 Likes