Seven News Content and Appearance

I think everybody needs to a be a little more open minded to others opinions. That’s what media and democracy should be about diversity. My final point is t say in the event of cost cutting it’s better to make a small change in presentation in one market whilst keeping the same level of content then to cut services completely, especially when they serve the entire country. I believe Channel 10s strategy will win out it keeps the most people employed without changing content. At the end of the day none of us on this forum have the power to change anything.

Laughable garbage. Ten’s approach will be catastrophic. They never learn.

Have you considered paragraphs?

4 Likes

I think everybody needs to shut up about 7NEWS Centralisation, it’s extremely doubtable to happen as 7NEWS is one of the main leading networks of News & ‘Current Affairs,’ along with 9NEWS.

10 Network is not about news, they just give news and that’s it, they don’t go to levels that 7 and 9 would go to. They are network entertainment and drama, not news, not current affairs.

5 Likes

I think 9 News should move studio production to Vietnam. It’s cheaper, they can do far more impressive sets for half the cost - while still delivering a superior product.

17 Likes

Just move the presenters over. No one will know

2 Likes

The 10 product shouldn’t be compared with Seven or Nine.

Most people don’t go to 10 for their main source of local
news. This has been due to inconsistent bad management decisions, that lead to a number of cutbacks over the years.

I can guarantee you, the combined bulletins (with pre recorded intros and segments) won’t work. 10 will most likely just end up going with a full national bulletin in the long run, with more people loosing their jobs.

2 Likes

I think we should move on from this fantasy-land discussion.

13 Likes

Went through some regional bulletins - the logo combined with the font used in the image really horrified me

5 Likes

And the Perth 6pm bulletin that aired on the 27th August mistakenly used the First at 4 banner as it came back from an ad break…

1 Like

In Sydney, there was a traffic update before the sports segment today. Wonder if this is a minor change to the format…

Realistically how much money would it save? The only jobs you could get rid of in Perth without having impact on on-air presentation is studio crew. That would be maybe 5 or 6 people. Then you still need to pay a crew in east coast to stay back for a few hours to crew it. The savings would be negligible and probably the last thing on a long list of cost cutting 7 could do.

Seven 4pm Queensland with Max from Greenmont (plus 2 reporters) - probably for the 6pm news as well.

6 Likes

The presenters are paid a fortune, I’m over this subject anyway I was just floating an idea, yet people are two closed minded. Of course no one wants any cuts but Covid has had a huge impact on advertising revenue. You have to look at all costs and see what you can cut with the least impact. Prior to Covid I was in favour of the networks increasing locally produced content, the assets are there anyway, use them. Unfortunately I can’t see any expansion of services happening anytime soon.

If you’re coming from just a pure profit play and have not fully considered all the service, logistical, and sociological aspects that goes into TV , I’m not sure you get to call people closed-minded. Refusing to do so would be quite ironic.

1 Like

Not to take away from the seriousness of the situation with a life being lost due to another shark attack, but having one of your anchors leading coverage from that area and multiple reporters seems a bit much IMO.

3 Likes

Question.

If you were News Director (Or the person making the V/Os), what phrase would you use for your 7NEWS bulletin?

I personally would just have: “Seven News, with Jane Doyle” and “Seven News, with Rosanna Mangiarelli”

1 Like

I guess it depends on the bulletin. I’ve come to like what Melbourne does for it’s 6pm bulletin, so I have included it below.

For the Morning News and Afternoon News.
"This is Seven News, with Ann Sanders/who ever is presenting.

For the 6pm News
“Live from Melbourne, Seven News with Peter Mitchell…starts now”
OR
“Live from our Melbourne headquarters, this is Seven News, with Peter Mitchell”

Very nice phrasing. I’d prefer, straight to the point. Of course it’s live, and of course it’s from (insert city here), because in the opener you can see the city, wouldn’t you really just have “Seven News, with (presenter)”?

1 Like

If the Adelaide Afternoon News was still a thing, it’d be: “Seven News Afternoon Edition, with Rosanna Mangiarelli,” but then again, that’s just me.

Gold Coast local news - Amanda was solo from Greenmount (also solo on Mon and Tue)

For the preview of the Brisbane news, Max was ready standing next to he

Brisbane at 6pm

Sharyn was solo after that until sport and weather with everyone together in the final shot.

5 Likes