Seven News Content and Appearance

I have a feeling that the blue will be removed for Seven News brand and only go with Red and White.

1 Like

Great intuition there! Wonder where you got that idea from??

2 Likes

Seems to be the case. Since March, they have gradually wound down the heavy use of blue on the Socials, and more recently in promos.

1 Like

Yep. Imagine… next minute they go Green lol

1 Like

Agreed, at least Seven did a full report rather than just a brief RVO.

1 Like

As used on Seven Brisbane tonight - 2 consecutive reports

1 Like

Yuck. Two completely different sets of graphics there (other than the colours)

1 Like

Maybe there will be new news graphics from Monday too?

Why? Bit going on in the world.

2 Likes

Covid and Olympics took up the first 30 minutes of Seven News Sydney. Was close to switching off. 30 minutes and only two stories?

I was considering switching over to watch Neighbours live but they moved onto other news just before it started.

2 Likes

Another comparison of News Updates shown simultaneously Brisbane vs Gold Coast in prime time.

7 Likes

God, they need to put “on 7SD” on this somehow because any viewer who flicks on 7HD at 5.30 won’t find the Gold Coast news…

2 Likes

More red and white graphics. These were from a competition promo:

9 Likes

Ooh!

5 Likes

I think this might be the only case where the full red logo actually looks good

13 Likes

If they get rid of the blue then the relaunch has been a success. If they keep blue - a failure.

14 Likes

Gotta say I thought this thread would be buzzin because of the potential relaunch tonight/ tomorrow.

3 Likes

I think that there has been so many elements of this white and red package posted here that there is nothing else to discuss :joy:

If I’m being honest, I’m not hopeful that this new package will look good. I think it’s going to either all be inconsistent or look really bland, like the 2011 package.

4 Likes

Same. Although there’s a new colour scheme, most of the new graphical elements we’ve seen in recent months seem to be recycled from (or at least heavily inspired by) previous packages in some way or another. Nothing really worth getting excited about IMO.

1 Like

Brisbane’s latest red and white graphics from tonight

4 Likes