Seven News Content and Appearance

Might be a short lived appointment.

2 Likes

gosh how many people have now left since Shaun Menegola arrived in Melbourne? Must be up to 20+ which is a lot for a newsroom.

3 Likes

Gemma Acton hosted today’s coverage

6 Likes

Was the NSW COVID press conference shown in full on both main channel and 7TWO? Will this arrangement continue until the Tokyo Olympics finish this Sunday?

On the main channel, only the first few minutes (where Gladys revealed x number of cases from x number of tests) were televised simultaneously on Seven and 7TWO, then Gemma said “we’ll take you back to the Olympics on Seven, to watch the rest of the press conference switch to 7TWO (where the rest of the presser was televised)”.

I think this will be the arrangement until the end of the Olympics, then from Monday the presser will be televised during The Morning Show.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 7news.com.au

To anyone who watched 7News Adelaide tonight, can anyone confirm at what time, if at all, they reported on Covid case numbers interstate, and the deaths today? I watched the first 30 minutes and am almost certain there was no reporting on Australian cases outside of SA. Please someone tell me this was not the case.

Olympic Wipes:

5 Likes

Updated screen thumbnails for live streams.

5 Likes

The flat look is much better, but why are they so big? :woozy_face:

1 Like

Serious question: What would be the strategy for a news service that is currently receiving huge record breaking ratings across these two weeks of the Olympics to relaunch its on-air presentation the week after.

You get more viewers watching now and used to the look etc and then you change the week after?

Why would you not launch any changes now? The opportunity is for potentially more significant changes than some of the creeping ones we have seen before.

Same goes for Sunrise.

12 Likes

Yeah the logic is flawed. Makes no sense.

Dinosaurs at the helm still I reckon that’s why…

“We always launch after” not wanting to reinvent the wheel.

7 Likes

Having green for bronze and silver doesn’t really fit in my opinion. Change the background colours to grey and brown (respective medals obviously) and it could look a bit nicer.

Relaunching before the Olympics could also help the usual backlash they seem to face when things change, particularly for Sunrise, because viewers are going to stick with Sunrisr for the Olympic coverage anyway, and might be more forgiving to changes, given how Sunrise significantly altered their graphics anyway. Crazy they miss the opportunity every single time.

1 Like

Gold Coast vs Brisbane/QLD News Update - GC using old backdrop. One story difference between the updates that go to air simultaneously.

5 Likes

Really hate the all red logo. Wish they’d use a white strap under the transparent version, the smaller text really gets lost in red.

2 Likes

Nothing about Brian Henderson?

That’s a little poor form, Seven News.

1 Like

The news hasn’t finished yet.

Both Nine and Ten had their reports early on in the bulletin.

They just announced that their report is coming up.

1 Like