Seven News Content and Appearance

Not to mention that full white isn’t broadcast safe for SD (Rec.601). What looks white is usually Grey (235, 235, 235).

1 Like

7 has uploaded some archive footage of the Oklahoma City bombing, including some old school Today Tonight.

1 Like

Fair enough. I just don’t think all that red is particularly effective either.

Neither do I.

We’ve lost the art of subtle.

1 Like

And in brisbane the red is actually maroon and clashes with graphics and logo.
Maybe have “breaking news” on just one of the backdrop panels, and on the desk, just have “breaking news” in smaller white font scrolling across the bottom

Following up to this…

Perhaps something may be happening?

The previous 7NEWS.com.au Globe banner on Facebook is also gone, replaced with a birds eye generic city view:

Before:

After:

Edit: After a quick image search, found out it’s Houston, Texas of all places! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

The social media pictures switch to red text on white is bringing me TVA Nouvelles Canada vibes.

3 Likes

:rotating_light: :rotating_light: RELAUNCH! :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

5 Likes

Bit late to the party here… Actually first saw the changes with that new 7News fully red watermark in an update or an ident.

Don’t think it looks that good, TBH, it just looks so different without the white element. It’s like it’s super bright and dominating now or something. But I guess it does suit their graphics package and overall look and network presentation now.

New style YouTube thumbnails, currently they’ve been alternating between the old one, and various variants with the angled graphic peering out of other sides:

Personally feel the logo needs to be much bigger to make a visual impact when seen on someone’s YouTube feed.

Existing style:

5 Likes

The “new” logo is still a fail. It doesn’t stand out at all,

1 Like

I do agree that the all red logo does tend to clash a lot on backgrounds and rolling vision, particularly if it is low resolution or small, which is a visibility issue from both a branding, and viewer perspective.

The white helps for it to “pop” more, but on its own it tends to get lost, as you noted previously.

Wow…these are REALLY bad…

They will probably make loads of $$$$ it’s what people watch on YouTube

1 Like

By biggest gripe is that in most of the promos the red isn’t red but some for of maroon.

6 Likes

Anzac Day on Seven

Commemorative coverage from 4.50am

The Seven Network’s special Anzac Day coverage begins from 4.50am Sunday with the live and commercial free broadcast of the Currumbin Dawn Service on the Gold Coast.

In a special extended edition of Weekend Sunrise , join hosts Matt Doran and Monique Wright as they cross live throughout the morning to local commemorative services happening around the nation to honour the fallen and give thanks to our service men and women who have served – and continue to serve – this country.

From 10.30am, Channel 7 will broadcast live and commercial free the Anzac Day National Ceremony at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra.

AFL powerhouses Collingwood and Essendon then run out onto the MCG for the annual Anzac Day match, with Seven’s live and free broadcast to begin from 2.00pm AEST on Channel 7 and 7mate, including the traditional pre-game Anzac observance ceremony.

Then join 7NEWS at 6.00 for a special Anzac Day commemorative bulletin, as well as the day’s other headlines from Australia and around the world.

Broadcast times on Seven:
Anzac Day Sunday 25 April

Weekend Sunrise
Sydney 4.50am LIVE on Channel 7 and 7plus
Melbourne 4.50am LIVE on Channel 7 and 7plus
Brisbane 4.50am LIVE on Channel 7 and 7plus
Adelaide 4.50am on Channel 7 and 7plus
Perth 4.50am on Channel 7 and 7plus

Anzac Day National Ceremony
Sydney 10.30am LIVE on Channel 7 and 7plus
Melbourne 10.30am LIVE on Channel 7 and 7plus
Brisbane 10.30am LIVE on Channel 7 and 7plus
Adelaide 10.00am LIVE on Channel 7 and
7plus Perth 10.30am on Channel 7 and 7plus

AFL Anzac Day Clash: Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
Sydney 2.00pm LIVE on 7mate
Melbourne 2.00pm LIVE on Channel 7
Brisbane 2.00pm LIVE on 7mate
Adelaide 1.30pm LIVE on 7mate, 2.50pm LIVE on Channel 7
Perth 12.00pm LIVE on Channel 7

3 Likes

Been privated now…

For the best in my opinion. Bad example of Seven’s commitment to “knowing the News”.

I would have thought that Kendall was reading the news in a “STUDIO” and that Mackenzie Ryan was in the NEWSROOM (which for some reason is blurred).

4 Likes

This shot just looks trash. (Although could be cap quality).