Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Something I was meaning to mention last night but forgot, Sydney had the AFL Premiership trophy as a special guest at the desk:

There may have also been something mentioned in the banter about having the Melbourne Cup trophy last week, if so I’m not sure which day that would’ve been. In any case, hopefully the desk didn’t wobble like it did when Seven had the NRL Premiership trophy in 2013 (when Chris & Jim were still presenting, ahh the good old days of Seven News Sydney)! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Start of AFL finals graphics
vlcsnap-2018-09-06-18h05m15s401 vlcsnap-2018-09-06-18h06m32s334

Cross to Blake Johnson was bad, kept freezing and breaking up.
vlcsnap-2018-09-06-18h09m07s302 vlcsnap-2018-09-06-18h08m05s179

vlcsnap-2018-09-06-18h08m17s648

Tim Watson is presenting sport from the MCG
vlcsnap-2018-09-06-18h41m28s162 vlcsnap-2018-09-06-18h46m41s252

6 Likes

Looks like 7 only has a half hour bulletin in Sydney tonight, at 7pm to follow the AFL.

thats not only sydney but melbourne too

1 Like

Also Melbourne and Adelaide at 6.30

When was the last time 7 and 9 both went without their 6pm bulletin on the same night?

I honestly can’t think of a time where this has occurred, before tonight. At least in this century anyway.

Wouldn’t say that neither Seven or Nine aren’t airing a news bulletin - but rather are showing it in an alternative timeslot due to football finals coverage.

Seven News Sydney aired at 7pm due to an AFL finals game this time last year, but it seems Nine still ran it in the normal timeslot/duration. I’m fairly certain there have been occasions in the past when Nine have shown their Sydney bulletin at 5pm due to the scheduling of NRL coverage in the first week of the finals though.

You’ve completely misunderstood the question.

NewsKing was saying it must be the first time in at least 10 years that both Nine and Seven haven’t had a bulletin in the 6pm timeslot on the same night.

He said nothing about their not being a bulletin at all. He’s talking about the 6pm slot.

3 Likes

Maybe he should’ve made that clearer in his post, by asking “When was the last time both Seven and Nine aired their main Sydney bulletin outside the 6pm timeslot?” rather than…

Anyway, for what they’re worth here’s some snapshots of tonight’s special 7pm half hour edition of Seven News Sydney - surprisingly the live crosses for Sport & Weather were in native HD!

Also while I’m here, a couple of graphics for the “Pride of Australia” segment:

1 Like

A few different opener for Seven News Perth Tonight, but for sad circumstances. A different voice-over was used tonight, “This is Seven News Perth, with Susannah Carr, and Rick Ardon reporting LIVE from Bedford” due to the family tragedy in Perth.

1 Like

Brisbane promo featuring wins at recent Clarion Awards

1 Like

Young Achiever Awards

The Young Achiever Awards have been proudly supported by the Seven Network. We are excited to announce that the Victorian program will be renamed the Seven News Young Achiever Awards. This follows the announcement that the South Australian, Queensland, NSW/ACT and Western Australian programs will be renamed, further solidifying Seven’s support and commitment to the Awards and promoting Australia’s young people.

The partnership between the Young Achiever Awards and Seven News will further raise awareness and profile of the Program and provide wonderful recognition for the young people we celebrate. Seven along with PRIME7 (regional NSW and in the ACT), will offer significant visibility of the Awards to viewers across Australia through a call for nominations ad campaign and a celebration of the award winners ad promotion.

Seven Network Director News and Public Affairs, Craig McPherson said: “News is what’s happening now. Our youth will take us to where we’re going next. Seven News is invested heavily in both and is proud to partner with the Young Achiever Awards to showcase the extraordinary work of so many outstanding young Australians.”

The Seven News Young Achiever Awards provide a vehicle to encourage and acknowledge young people that make a positive difference by changing lives and enriching communities.

Nominations open in September, and we all know someone who fits the description of young achiever, so why not let us know who you believe deserves to be nominated. You can like the Seven News Young Achiever Awards on Facebook to stay up to date with your state’s program as well as visit www.youngachieverawards.com for more details.

Melbourne’s Afternoon News is broadcasting from the MCG again this Friday

5 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t really see the point when it’s just a sea of seats. Should of at least had the actual ground behind her.
I know there would have been natural sunlight behind that would have blown out the picture to expose it correctly, but surely this was thought of when they made the decision to broadcast from there? The actual Grand final uses the exact location and manages fine?
Should of had her in a broadcast box with the background as the ground which would filter out the light. Or just chosen a different angle where you’re not looking at stand advertising and plastic seats…

9 Likes

Countdown being used for AFL Semi Finals

4 Likes

Mike Amor announced during this evening’s Melbourne bulletin that Seven would broadcast the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank from 7pm AEDT on Friday, October 12. The wedding will take place at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle, the same venue where the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle took place in May.

1 Like

it was actually mention yesterday during Sunrise

1 Like

With all due respect to Princess Eugenie, doubt there’ll be as much viewer interest in her wedding as there was when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex married earlier in the year

3 Likes

I agree, I think the wedding coverage will be relegated to 7TWO with Better Homes and Gardens on the main channel.

1 Like