Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Michael Usher presenting Sydney news from Windsor Castle:

8 Likes

Was that really needed?

OH Wait. Musher is hosting the wedding isnt he?

I know networks have always done this, but I don’t really feel it is appropriate.

I am all for sending your lead anchor to cover the main story (state election, bushfire etc) but I think they should have an understudy in the studio with the rest of the news. Perhaps, this is one of the advantages of having a double-header.

Great duo. :wink:

2 Likes

Agreed. You’d think Seven News Sydney would’ve had a major rethink about that strategy after their now infamous April 2015 bulletin from sunny Gallipoli while Sydney/NSW was being smashed by a superstorm! :open_mouth:

“Live from our Sydney headquarters, this is Seven News with Michael Usher and Melissa Doyle!”

Please make that Opening Voiceover happen for real, Jason Morrison! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This please Seven.

7 Likes

Mels backdrop doesnt seem legit. To me it looks like a green screen of a live shot! And not a actual view from studio. Anyone else think so?

1 Like

professional lighting will do that. especially when the subject is so far removed from any flat surfaces behind — like Mel here… all of the fill and key light is on her and not spilling off anything.

3 Likes

I did notice on the 3 shot there was a black line going down the left hand side which would resemble glass panes so i guess it was a real backdrop. As you say nice lighting does the trick.

Tonight’s Sydney opener

5 Likes

$35 million? I can’t see the big banks being to worried about a share capital drop of $35m; after the time they had at the Royal Commission they would be celebrating.

Image in case tweet disappears:

5 Likes

That stock picture has to be at least 20 years old!

15 Likes

Well we’re all human after all… :thinking:

Never seen this old promo in full before…

13 Likes

Wow great find. A great promo.

4 Likes

They really need to bring it back :open_mouth: Would be a good promo for Rick and Sue promoting that there the worlds longest serving News duo, and that the world turns Australian news from Rick and Sue from Seven News.

4 Likes

I wonder where Max is when Seven use this camera angle - under the desk? :crazy_face: It seems to get a run at least once per night. The bulletin starts with the two presenters quite close and scripts all over the desk, then sometime after the first stories we get Sharyn by herself align right with Max and his notes missing.

Tonight showing the opening positions:

Sometimes Max gets similar treatment but left aligned and all signs of Sharyn missing.

9 Likes

Having a quick ciggie outside?

Nine had the same issue on their old set, one small backdrop plasma which meant lots of swapping in and out between stories (and it meant they had the same backdrop behind both presenters which really bugged me).

5 Likes

Is it me, or is Sharyn’s head almost permanently tilted at 10 degrees?

14 Likes

Don’t know if anyone’s seen this, but just saw the Sunrise presenters’ suggestions for the new Seven News theme - Ann Sanders edition!

13 Likes

So…much…blue on that Brisbane set.

Blue overkill.