Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

There has been a mass tragedy in the WA town of Margaret River, its being covered by all Ch 7 newsrooms Aus wide. Seven Perth has had coverage will Sally Bowery from Sydney. One would hope there is a local morning news on this developing story as it will be ignored in the pre recorded national morning news.

2 Likes

In Townsville, where I live, where I don’t normally watch 7 News, let alone Sydney’s version of it

4 Likes

Even though I rarely watch Seven News Sydney anymore, I’m well aware that they’ve been using emoticons as part of their “Sydney Comfort Index” (as per the promos when the feature was first introduced) weather forecast gimmick for some time now.

But I still think it looks extremely tacky and somewhat dims what is otherwise one of the very few bright spots of a news service which has declined dramatically in quality from the highs of the 2005-10ish era.

5 Likes

Angela Cox presenting 5pm news from Melbourne.

7 Likes

Opener to 5pm news.
No wide shot.

`

Sport with Jim Wilson from the ‘studio’

Bulletin in full:

7 Likes

Has Angela moved to Melbourne? Her Instergram shows that shes been there for the last two weeks?

3 Likes

Maybe she was working on a story for Sunday Night in Melbourne.

4 Likes

Does Seven News Melbourne now run for an hour on Saturdays?? Has this just changed?

I believe it only runs for 30mins when there is AFL on or some other sport, but it has always run for an hour on Saturday.

2 Likes

During the AFL season, it’s only been 30 minutes. The Football coverage has been punched back to 7pm tonight for some reason?

1 Like

Because the Seven produced game tonight is the Fremantle home game from Perth which quite obviously starts later for WA.

1 Like

Is Adelaide taking HSV news tonight? Seems to be a lot of content from there or could just be filler content for Darwin.

1 Like

Nope, there would have to be some incredibly major problem before they took an interstate story.
Must have just been decent enough stories to fill the hour.

1 Like

Susannah Carr live in Windsor and reporting on the Royal Wedding.

and a Seven News Promo:

19 Likes
4 Likes

Is Susannah being crossed to nationally or just for Perth?

Great to see Angela Cox in Melbourne. She would be a great addition to the team there.

4 Likes

One would hope it’s for national coverage, otherwise Perth have spent a truckload of money for literally no reason if another network reporter will be there anyway.

Perhaps she’s part of the network team heading over to England? The entire Sunrise team will be there. Susannah might be filling a role as an on-the-scene reporter in Windsor?

1 Like

She wasn’t mentioned in 7’s massive press release about their ‘spectacular’ coverage.

2 Likes

On Seven News Perth last night Angela did mention that Sue will be reporting on Sunrise and Seven News. Whether that was meant exclusively to Perth I am unsure but one would think she would be national.

1 Like

Nice long closer to this edition of 7News Perth!

3 Likes