Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Now all they have to do is to ditch the blue, replace it with red and white, get rid of the glossy tiles and use a dark, oak floor and the set is a winner.

1 Like

Oh, no. Another fail for Seven QLD. No coverup on the “LIVE” and time graphic on the upper left. :unamused:

They do normally coverup that corner time graphic with a “7 News” logo on the delayed bulletin (with the word “LIVE” shown on screen, despite the fact it’s not), but they didn’t do so in this specific bulletin for some reason.

1 Like

Plus, the “Coming Up” break for the first gap was horrible, like it was made from MS Paint by an elementary student and placed over there.

As you know the studio is covered in the wood floors for Sunrise and the black floor is made of tiles. I don’t think someone forgot to put them down rather that the old design did not account for these new wideshots.

Believe it or not, that is probably one of the best composed bulletins I’ve seen. Usually, we get unaltered/uneven headlines (instead of Bill, Sharyn, Bill- it is Bill, Sharyn, Sharyn), the headline transiitons easily show the cut between the headlines and often reporters are cut off.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was surprised at how smooth this bulletin was compared to others.
Normally they chop and choose different stories, but it appears on this particular night that they just went with everything that aired in the first 10 minutes.

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered why in Brisbane only at 6:50 they throw over to Kochie & Sam for a look at what’s on Sunrise the next morning. Does anyone know why this has been happening in Brisbane and roughly how long for? Is that how much Sunrise is struggling in the ratings in Queensland?

Probably. There was a period where they were doing it in Melbourne when TT was on as well.
Was ditched thank god.

The earliest I can find is from June last year. Here are a few examples:

They refer to it as “Queensland’s Sunrise”

April 2017

February 2017

9 January 2017

4 January 2017

5 December 2016

29 Sep 2016

24 Aug 2016

12 July 2016

28 June 2016

21 June 2016

7 Likes

Do other markets get the cross to Melissa on Sunday bulletins?

2 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

Yeah, Sydney has long received a preview for SN on the Sunday night bulletins.

As for the cross to Kochie & Sam for a preview of tomorrow’s Sunrise, Seven probably should consider doing something like that here in Sydney if they don’t want to be continually whipped by Today in the local ratings.

1 Like

The thing I always find interesting and like the most about this is that Mel always mentions that particular market’s Sunday night newsreader at the start of the preview saying “Thanks [enter newsreader here(i.e. Mark, Jen, Kay, Jess, Angela)] tonight…” I like that it adds a personal touch to each individual market but is always interesting when a last minute change in the newsreader occurs and so the preview is thrown out of whack. This is why sometimes you only get a “Thanks, tonight…” start to the preview without a newsreader’s name mentioned. This must mean that Mel would have to film these previews 6 times each week so there is one for each major market plus a general one without a newsreader’s name mentioned. It would also be worth noting that in recent times, these previews have sometimes shown in the Sunday 5pm news after sport or before weather

1 Like

The crosses usually specifically reference the newsreader as in “thanks Sharyn” as does the one to Melissa Doyle for Sunday Night where it is “thanks Kay”.

1 Like

I did note that they refer to it as “Queensland’s Sunrise” just like how in the promos for Sunrise in other places they’re starting to make it more relevant to each market, using that market’s city’s name a lot more throughout the promo and for whatever story they’re trying to promote. For example, if it was a story about house prices they were promoting, in Sydney they would refer to it as ‘Sydney’s house prices’ and in Melbourne they would refer to it as ‘Melbourne’s house prices’. In fact, I think there are Cash Cow promos they’re running at the moment for each market that makes reference to all the suburbs in each city that have won from the Cash Cow in recent times that uses a similar principle

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I meant, I just didn’t want to type out all the newsreader’s names specifically since we probably all know who they are on a Sunday night and it would be too long-winded if I did :smile:

Occasionally the Sunrise promos for Brisbane start with “Thanks guys” - so they may not have known the newsreader at the time or there was a last minute change.

I’m talking about the Sunday Night preview here with Mel, not the Sunrise ones now you realise…

On another note, in the latest 7 news promo for Sydney, the voiceover at the end now claims 7 news is “Australia’s most watched” rather than “Australia’s number 1” if you listen right at the very end…

3 Likes

7 News really should learn fractions - they’re clearly

• 1 42/100
  • 1 36/50
  • 1 26/80
5 Likes