Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Weekend sports presenter Sean Sowerby. Who’s that guy behind Emily?

1 Like

I will quote you on that…

It’s Sean Sowerby (weekend sport presenter) :+1:

Surprised there’s no Michael Felgate (longest serving journo after Peter, Jen & Nick), Dean Felton (veteran, although recently returned), Mark Stevens (chief AFL reporter & 15 years at the Herald Sun prior), Nathan Templeton (although he’s technically Sunrise these days), Karen O’Sullivan (health reporter for 15 years), Kate Jones né Osborn (long-time reporter on maternity leave) & Tom Browne (senior sport reporter).

Brendan Donohue. A senior reporter.

1 Like

@Tyson Brendan is the State Political reporter he joined Seven in 1990.

Yep only “senior” are pictured, would have been great to do a full team (that includes reporters) as well!
Only thing Is that the one pictured is very quick on screen and the 7NEWS logo looks odd…

Out of curiosity in terms of seven newsroom sizes would the order be Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Regional Queensland (incl Gold Coast)

7 News had a promo for the Easter Show in Sydney tonight to win tickets.

The show ended last week.

4 Likes

The Royal Easter Show ended on Wednesday.

Nonetheless, I’m guessing that promo was aired by mistake! :open_mouth:

Sunrise will show the Currumbin dawn service after all.

1 Like

I’m sure it has something to do with being a network tradition, but I’ve always found it rather interesting that Seven opts to show the Currumbin Dawn Service when Sydney’s Dawn Service is literally across the road from their Sydney news HQ!

4 Likes

Nine Brisbane will also feature the Currumbin service plus ANZAC Square Brisbane again.

Brisbane last year

1 Like

There have been a few complaints on Reddit avout the Melbourne news tonight due to the fact that the Heath Shaw AFL sledge incident was the top story instead of the threat of a North Korean nuclear war with Australia. Bit of a strange decision if you ask me.

2 Likes

One day last week, Sunday perhaps, the day North Korea launched the first missile, Seven News Adelaide ran some hoon drivers ‘terrorising’ a street in an Adelaide suburb as their top story, probably only because they got their hands on some iPhone footage. Not saying it’s not news, but the questionable priorities extend out of Melbourne too.

No one takes the North Korean crackpot seriously.

And hoons are a much greater threat?

He’s a crackpot with nukes. That’s easily more serious in my eyes.

4 Likes

Modified Perth backdrop tonight for the changes in seasons. More photos to come

4 Likes

Wow, there were some persistent glitches on 7 News Adelaide tonight during the weather and handover to TT! Amelia’s live cross was down to audio only and then moving to TT Rosanna’s microphone was muted and the story preview package failed to play. :anguished:

2 Likes

Does that mean all my amateur screen-capping efforts on my iPad via the 7Live App were for nothing? :stuck_out_tongue: Nah I’m jk, all good :+1:

1 Like

Live to Lee Jelosek who is at… well who knows? We never see him. I’m sure the viewers think he is at the scene or in the helicopter rather than crossing from the newsroom like he really was.