Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

6PM backdrop

5 Likes

Same one?

1 Like

As if cutting the top of the skyline off wasnā€™t enough now they are covering half of it with those ridiculous pillars.

And Iā€™d forgotten how absurd that desk is. Worst news set in Australia by a country mile (and we have A LOT of garbage in this country).

2 Likes

They have added Elizabeth Quay

1 Like

I think itā€™s mostly the same, but the ā€œSEVEN NEWSā€ word banner from the 4.30 News isnā€™t there.

1 Like

Sorry I should have been clearer. Isnā€™t it relatively the same background that was used for the 4.30/Afternoon News (or whatever itā€™s called in Perth these days lol)?

Is that desk 100% real, or is it partly virtual?

It looks like an overly large pool table.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the desk and platform are both 100% real, even including those horrible pixelated plasmas on the front.

2 Likes

Itā€™s real, judging from the previous pictures Iā€™ve seen taken outside of the bulletin. The screen graphic on the desk is real too, that animates and also is seen in the pictures I mentioned. Would if been nice for them to update the desk with the modified 7NEWS logo :confused:

More caps would of been up early but tried adding it to other post which took ages to load

4 Likes

5 Likes

This post by NewsAustralia might shed some light on what is real vs virtual in the Perth studio.

2 Likes

Still prefer a LIVE shot of Perth.

6 Likes

Just saw a new Seven News promo.

With Kochie and Sam, Brendon Donohue, Jane Bunn, Peter Mitchell, Jennifer Keyte & Tim Watson.

Anyone got caps/video, including of version in Sydney, etc?

It seems that endtag is only for weekends with another one airing this week with just Bill and Sharyn.

.[quote=ā€œNewsKing, post:3240, topic:103, full:trueā€]
About time they included Kay, sheā€™s the only reason they can claim being number one!
[/quote]It seems that endtag is only for weekends with another one airing this week with just Bill and Sharyn

7Perth studio pics (courtesy of NewsAustralia)

8 Likes

Judging by those pics, it looks like Seven Perth have enough room in their current studio to build a proper set that can be used for both the news and TT. So why havenā€™t they?! :confused:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s a billion dollar question. But the answer is, so as long as they continue to be No.1 in Perth, Rick and Sue would probably present in front of a black board with a globe drawn on it and still smash Nine in the ratings.

After all, Seven Perth was known to fall behind their east coast counterparts in terms of news sets. I honestly wish that they actually built a ā€˜Martin Place 2016ā€™ set in Perth, which is probably the best they can do in terms of set one day but for some reason, I donā€™t think thatā€™s gonna happen soon.

6 Likes

There isnā€™t anything to suggest that a change to the set would do anything to improve the bulletin except perhaps in the eyes of media enthusiasts. Nineā€™s new set hasnā€™t seen its audience grow.

6 Likes