Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yes, and precedes that by saying “In 2019 we mark a milestone…” ie, in 2019 we will celebrate 60 years. Which is correct.

Don’t understand all the butt hurt over this. The promo could say “In 2059 we will mark 100 years” and still be correct.

3 Likes

I’m less than enthused about the very bland news retrospective promo, but I presume there’s plenty more we’ve yet to see.

Just saying.

1 Like

Just joining the “is it 60 years or is it not” conversation because I am bored… the safe way around it if they want to begin celebrations now is “celebrating our 60th year” because he 60th year begins the day after a 59th birthday.

The actual 60th birthday is in 2019 so to say “squeezing 60 years of news into 60 seconds” at this point in the timeline is wrong.

I’m not even sure they had news from day one (does anyone know?). If they didn’t “60 years of news” may not even happen for several years.

I’m sure others may have made these same points earlier but like I said I was bored.

And these are of course important matters that must be resolved for the greater good.

I don’t know about QTQ-9, but the guide for the first day of BTQ-7 on @TelevisionAU’s brilliant website would suggest that they had some form of news bulletin on the very first day of transmission in 1959: Sunday 1 November 1959 — BRISBANE – Television.AU

Surely most stations would’ve started airing news on either the first or second night of transmission? I’d be surprised if very many waited several years.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’re right and if, as you say, a TV guide indicates there was a news service, then 60 years it is.

I’m guessing most if not all metro stations offered some sort of news service from day one, but it may have been a different story in regional areas.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: TV History

Some people do have birthday weeks/ months haha…even years.
I was awarded a 30 year service certificate for my job DURING my 30th year, not at the end.
We started celebrating Australia’s bicentennial from 1 Jan 1988 not from 26 Jan…
Who cares really? They’re obviously going to celebrate 60 years on more than one day… who cares if it’s before or after?

2 Likes

So with the ‘The Latest’’ debuting during the week, do any of expect some sort of mini refresh since it uses a different style to their regular bulletins? If not then, then perhaps for the 7news.com.au website relaunch.

On a side note, I still find it puzzling that they use the 2004-2016 Seven News theme for the 30 second Officeworks insert ads, though I’m glad they do as the newer theme doesn’t have as much oomph that the old one did and grabs your attention, it actually makes you want to watch the News IMO.

1 Like

New promo airing in Sydney- I am sure someone can record it. Certainly not their finest.

3 Likes

This one?

Not the worst promo ever but I agree, not their finest. I’m sure (or at least hope) Nine News Sydney will do something that’s way better than this to celebrate 10 years of Peter Overton!

3 Likes

I just love it when they use “Australias No.1” line to promote a state broadcast that is Number 2. Yes, NSW and VIC have quite a large population. But Seven wouldn’t be number 1 if it wasn’t for WA/SA so they really are stretching it there trying to promote Mark Ferguson.

5 Likes

Important news!
I think that Seven News (in Melbourne anyway) has new microphone flags with ‘News’ in the current font. The previous mic flags were certainly starting to look old.

6 Likes

Seven Perth have carried the same Mic Flags with the 2004 font for ages… Wonder if they are due for them as well, as Mic Flags don’t usually change in one city only. Hopefully they are too!

Aesthetic wise, do they look the same with the same stacked style logo as before?

1 Like

:eggplant::sweat_drops:

2 Likes

@KnowItAll You are obsessed with eggplants… must be constantly on your mind :astonished:

2 Likes

From tonight’s bulletin

3 Likes

Yep, still stacked as shown by the caps above.

1 Like

Seven keeping their local afternoon edition going. I don’t think they’ll stop, bar Xmas day.

2 Likes

Maybe for a fornight from next week? I think that is what happened in QLD last year.

I seen a new Breaking News update graphic on an update on the 7 News Sydney Facebook page. Haven’t seen it before…I could be wrong?

1 Like