Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

It has been around for about 1-2 months though not on really heavy rotation. Would like to see your caps as I haven’t seen it in a while.

1 Like

As seen on Seven GC News tonight - but as Seven has the only local weekend bulletin, this could go before almost every story :slight_smile:

Also tonight

7 Likes

In Sydney tonight, sport is not at the regular time of 6:30ish as it typically is on Saturday nights, rather it is at 6:41 we have been told from Jim Wilson as it usually is most other nights.

2 Likes

Apparently this is the exact feed that Seven uses for their live backdrop in Sydney, not sure if it’s of any interest to anybody…

http://webcamsydney.com/

8 Likes

Can’t they use the old LIVE cam for their Sydney bulletins (you know, the 2005-2013) one.

2 Likes

This one:

So that they aren’t use a replica of Nine’s.

1 Like

I’ve extracted the live video link for viewing in VLC.

http://23.227.163.183/live/kirribilli.stream/playlist.m3u8

5 Likes

A few days ago, you might recall me talking about a promo for Seven News Sydney featuring the song “Sydney To Me” by Jess & Matt. I’ve since managed to record it!

Some snapshots from the promo:

Of course, no Seven News Sydney promo would be complete without some awkward-looking casual shots of Fergo!

10 Likes

7 Perth have a new promo out featuring the news teams and various others and they have brought back the 5 / 2 fingers salute!

2 Likes

Yes, I was going to mention that a few weeks ago, but never got around to it. The Promo has quite a local vibe to it, and it’s nice they brought back the “:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::v:️” hand thing. And it’s not the first time either, Perth made a local version of the “:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::v:️” hand idents from the early 2000s, with local Perth personalities:

1 Like

Distorted opener on the Morning News today with the V/O playing before Ann reads the headlines (but with no titlecard) and then an awkward wideshot, after the headlines, without music.

7 Likes

The Sunrise promo that normally shows after the local news update and the traffic report in the national afternoon news today had a lot of references to the Perth news today when normally it doesn’t. I don’t think this was meant to happen and was only meant to be shown in Perth’s afternoon news…

It seems like the controller thought that it’s the afternoon news that he’s working, when it’s just 11:30 in the morning.

1 Like

all cities did that, including SC Tassie.

2 Likes

Ah that’s right, I watched a few of the City variants a few years back, and I’m pretty sure I watched the Southern Cross version too.

Seven News Adelaide just did a short story on Anonymous’ claims that NASA will reveal they have found new life. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Good promo. Nice to see something that isn’t the usual dramatic house fire or first on for once.

It does really demonstrate the lack of big names they have in their reporter base. Chris Reason and at a stretch Robert Ovadia would be known by viewers. Angie Asimus and Helen Wellings dare I say it who knows them and who cares. Can’t see them pulling together a big exclusive.

2 Likes

Can we focus on the content next time Seven?

Maybe Mr Beige won’t rate so badly if your news isn’t plagued with what happened to Katy Perry last night with her boyfriend or how to save money on bread and butter.

1 Like

Yep, and also how overly blokey they’ve become. It’s a travesty that they are letting people like Rhani Sadler, PJ Madam, Bec Maddern and Chris Bath just walk away from the network rather than fighting to keep them in the newsroom like Nine would.

2 Likes