Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

There have been a few complaints on Reddit avout the Melbourne news tonight due to the fact that the Heath Shaw AFL sledge incident was the top story instead of the threat of a North Korean nuclear war with Australia. Bit of a strange decision if you ask me.

2 Likes

One day last week, Sunday perhaps, the day North Korea launched the first missile, Seven News Adelaide ran some hoon drivers ‘terrorising’ a street in an Adelaide suburb as their top story, probably only because they got their hands on some iPhone footage. Not saying it’s not news, but the questionable priorities extend out of Melbourne too.

No one takes the North Korean crackpot seriously.

And hoons are a much greater threat?

He’s a crackpot with nukes. That’s easily more serious in my eyes.

4 Likes

Modified Perth backdrop tonight for the changes in seasons. More photos to come

4 Likes

Wow, there were some persistent glitches on 7 News Adelaide tonight during the weather and handover to TT! Amelia’s live cross was down to audio only and then moving to TT Rosanna’s microphone was muted and the story preview package failed to play. :anguished:

2 Likes

Does that mean all my amateur screen-capping efforts on my iPad via the 7Live App were for nothing? :stuck_out_tongue: Nah I’m jk, all good :+1:

1 Like

Live to Lee Jelosek who is at… well who knows? We never see him. I’m sure the viewers think he is at the scene or in the helicopter rather than crossing from the newsroom like he really was.

Saturday News will be at 5.30pm with live coverage of the Western Derby from 6pm

Seven News recognised with six international awards for excellence in journalism

Seven News has been recognised with six awards at this year’s prestigious New York Festivals International TV
& Film Awards.

The 7News Investigates team earned five awards for their special report In Cold Blood: The Chris Lane Story about one of Australia’s rising sports stars gunned down in Cold Blood by three bored youths while out on an afternoon jog.

Executive producer Mark Llewellyn, Seven News US Bureau Chief Mike Amor, producer Luke Blair and cameraman Arron Hage accepted two Gold World Medals and a Silver World Medal for Special Report, Best Camerawork and Best Interview at the gala presentation in Las Vegas today, Australia time.

The program was also awarded two Finalist Certificates for Best News Reporter and Best News Documentary.

Executive producer Mark Llewellyn said: “We couldn’t be more proud of this achievement, and of Mike Amor and the brilliant crew; cameraman Arron Hage, producers Emma Dallimore and Luke Blair and the editors.
Their journalism, compassion and incisive yet sensitive storytelling is credit to them.

“We dedicate these awards to Chris Lane. To tell his story and that of his wonderful family and friends was a great honour and we thank all of those who came together to contribute to the memory of a wonderful young life.”

Seven News was also recognised with a Finalist Certificate for its live coverage of the Paris Terror Attacks.

The New York Festival’s World’s Best TV & Films awards honour programming across all lengths and forms from more than 50 countries.

3 Likes

Seven Brisbane local afternoon news

Live coverage of emergency landing of light plane this afternoon.

3 Likes

Seven News would have to have some of the largest obtrusive graphics, so unnecessary.

Seven Brisbane opener - Nine reporter can be clearly heard in background also doing a live cross @ 2:02.

1 Like

Either Nat Wallace talks too loud or Ben was too close to him. LOL. Seven started the live cross right at the end of a SOT on Nine, so probably thought Nat was done and then he starts talking again as soon as they cross to Ben. Oops. You can vaguely hear Ben talking on Nine’s cross too.

1 Like

Initially I thought it was some sort of echo from the future :slight_smile: as both reporters say similar things.

“They got whisked away…”

1 Like

This will always be my favourite news opener from 7… Short lived, but all class.

6 Likes

If we were talking about backdrops, which ones do you like?

3 Likes

In the exact order it’s in. I love that first one and the graphics!! Those graphics would still not look old, stale or boring if they were still in use today!
I have always much preferred a newsroom backdrop as appose to a globe.

5 Likes

My absolute favourite was during the mid-2000s with the open Melbourne newsroom:

However, in saying that I don’t think that all national news bulletins should have a newsroom nor a globe. A nice mix is great, like it currently is (Nine and ABC with the newsroom, Seven and Ten with the globe).

3 Likes

Nine has a mix I think with Dotted Globe mixed in with the newsroom.

In saying that however, when can Seven News get the globe right? We have Nine, ABC and Ten all looking very professional, and then we have that sphere stuck in the middle of the sky?

2 Likes