Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Ten’s been doing this for some time too. The Perth team can monitor breaking news long after the Sydney team are in bed. Let’s presume that the Perth team leaves at 10pm DST (I actually have no clue), the east coast can get potential breaking news until 1am NSW/VIC/TAS, 12am QLD, or 12:30am SA.

Yes, and Nine now do this on weekends.

The ABC also utilizes it’s Perth operations, for news bulletin shown (on its news channel) after midnight on the East Coast.

1 Like

I reckon Nine used to do national late night updates out of Perth, they still might but i’m not sure. They were generally presented by Liam Bartlett from memory.
EDIT: Beaten.

Its been happening for a couple of months now, including the Late Sydney update. Heres one of the recent national ones from @ScreenTower

6 Likes

I don’t see these posted here too often.
This is tonight’s full bulletin of 7 News QLD, this is the cutdown 30-minute version shown in Regional QLD.

Note the coverup graphics in the top left used to cover the live clock, as well as the cuts in the opener, as well as the dodgy transitions between stories.

Check out the transitions at 3:30, 5:20, and the dodgy cross to sport at 9:55 where Brisbane is suddenly dark in the background after being broad daylight 50 seconds earlier.

From 13:55 when sport starts, the Regional QLD version skips ahead to simulcast the live bulletin.

2 Likes

Love this video of Sue!!

Haven’t managed to catch one of these updates yet, but it’s great to see her getting some national exposure. So much authority and credibility.

7 Likes

Minor notes - no afternoon news during test matches; No Morning News during first test; No Gold Coast news during the 2nd test.

Seven Melbourne appoints News Director

Channel Seven today announced the appointment of Shaun Menegola , News Director, Seven Melbourne.

Network Director of News and Public Affairs Craig McPherson said;

“Shaun has one of the sharpest minds in the news business. His energy and quest for excellence will help drive our formidable Seven News Melbourne team to further success.”

Shaun began his career in newspapers before moving to television in 1993. After a successful reporting career, Shaun has held a number of senior positions inside television including News Director roles with leading news bulletins.

Shaun will commence his role at Seven News Melbourne in the new year.

4 Likes

Well, I guess we now know why he recently resigned from Nine News Perth…

8 Likes

Hopefully it means the start of good change for Seven News Melbourne. Looking forward to what he can do.

7 Likes

I kinda wish he was still at Seven News Perth before his abrupt sacking in 2011. Perth looks so unpolished compared to the other bulletins, even Southern Cross News Tasmania (i mean 7 Tasmania Nightly News) looks better in comparison. :confused:

2 Likes

Perfect addition, he was the one who actually brought some creativity to Seven Perth before he got sacked. It went downhill with Howard Gretton. Definitely think the Seven Melbourne product will further improve with Shaun. Bit weird how Seven sacked him and now he is back though, they probably regretted their decision.

3 Likes

According to the Foxtel Guide, Seven are launching a late news service called The Latest: Seven News on Wednesday 19.12.18. It is a bulletin according to information on the guide.

Strange they are launching this on a Wednesday night though.

10 Likes

Maybe it is the night after the second cricket test between Australia and India is scheduled to finish? Strange name for the return of Seven’s late news.

What time is it at?

10:30pm - 11pm.

1 Like

5 Likes

Interesting… this is showing as 10-10:30 pm in Adelaide (following on from 7’s live BBL coverage)

1 Like

What were the circumstances surrounding his departure from Seven Perth?

And perhaps just as importantly, what has happened to see him welcomed back to the Seven family?

1 Like

According to the article from TV Tonight from 2011: [spoiler]Ratings | TV Tonight

The newspaper reports D’Orazio and Menegola have been at loggerheads for several years over staff and content issues.

1 Like