Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Since around 2005, you and spw68 are probably right about Seven News Queensland having the stronger presenters.

But always? I’m not sure about that, personally I was under the impression that National Nine News (as it was known back then) had strong weekend presenter combinations in Queensland during the Late '80s, 1990s and at least the first half of the 2000s.

1 Like

Seven News Perth just ran a live cross from the AFL Draft in Melbourne with an on-screen clock saying “Live 3.28pm Melbourne”, when the time in Melbourne was actually 9.28pm.

3 Likes

Oh dear, someone set the time zone setting wrong in the Viz graphic template. :joy:

1 Like

Perhaps a new virtual set for Perth coming soon?

1 Like

What a poor group shot! Individual shots all stuck together like that! Yuck!

1 Like

and he also does this thing where he looks down on us like the peasants we are.

1 Like

Will Peter Mitchell be presenting the 6pm news, or Mike Amor? I’m assuming it’ll come from the smaller studio where they do live crosses to Sunrise.

Last election night, Peter Mitchell presented at 6 and came from the main studio (news)

3 Likes

I never said “always”… but I’m remembering Kim Watkins way back too and think she may have been popular as well…

1 Like

From what l have read Peter will also be anchoring the 6pm bulletin with Mike Amor reporting the election from Mulgrave where Daniel Andrew’s will be tonight.

2 Likes

"only by Australian " :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Welcome to TV

7 News Melbourne had weather done from the esplanade of Docklands. Looked great and should be done more over summer!
Pre recorded closer due to the studio being used for the Elecetion coverage. You could tell as the pre recorded playback was in fuzzy SD quality

5 Likes

6 Likes

New promo just aired in Perth. It featured the Europe and US Correspondents saying that when its 6PM in Perth the day is just starting in the US and Europe and that they are ready to cross to Rick and Sue which is why “Nobody Knows News Like Seven”

3 Likes

How bout they update that tagline?

1 Like

Prefer the previous “Pulse of Perth” tagline to tell you the truth, it seems more modern and relevant since Seven has a large dominance in Perth

3 Likes

Just a suggestion…

Edit: I think location is key to making the station relevant to viewers. No one covers the world/Australia/the West™/elsewhere like we do. Also, you can “know” something, but “covering” it requires getting out there. It’s an action word.

I’m also interested in seeing 7 detach itself from being the monolith in WA TV. “We” instead of “7” would help with that.

5 Likes

I don’t get Seven News Brisbane. They send their anchor Max Futcher over to Thailand for special coverage yet last night and tonight, he was on the desk as homes burned in our own backyard.

2 Likes

Saw this story from Seven yesterday and couldn’t decide which part of this very public breakfast meeting was secret :thinking:

1 Like