Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I can only assume it’s got to do with the angular glass looking panels as a background behind the 7 News Logo and the presenter in the mock news bulletin.

Took me a while to figure it out myself…

Sevens desk footage is the same as the one from some TV show or movie (just the colours are increased). Indicating it was unsurprisingly taken from some stock footage website.

…And??? Templates are every where! :joy:

2 Likes

Bit of a stretch… more likely a coincidence.

1 Like

Reminds me of…

Sky News…

Anyone see the automation failure tonight in Melbourne? The 2nd line on some lower thirds say ‘TBC’.

1 Like

Watched about 5 minutes of the butchered 30-minute regional version of 7 News Brisbane last night.

What an absolute mess it was.
One story is airing, and mid-report, as the reporter is still talking, suddenly it goes quiet (no reporter sign off, or even conclusion to the story) and the “live” card appears frozen on screen in silence for a second before we hear Sharon say “and (reporter name) joins us live with those details and (reporter name), (asks question that makes no sense and seems out of context)”… live cross continues, clearly talking about some entirely different story that we were never even introduced to

4 Likes

Cheers to @SamSamTV for the upload.

As I have mentioned before the afternoon news in Perth needs to be polished more. The opener is quite tacky too… they have repeated the same line “You’re watching Sevens afternoon news live from Perth, Coming up” since the afternoon news began in 2012. After watching this broadcast since it began I’m pretty sure by now everyone knows the news is live and local at 4.

Hopefully Gretton has left and things can change.
Edit* - Can confirm Howard Gretton has left to WA Police and David Cooper is now Director of News

5 Likes

Oops

18 Likes

I’ve been meaning to upload this, but have been struggling with a way to not lose quality. Quality was already bad as it’s been capped from 7plus. By the time I got home on Monday, the sports had just ended, so no chance to record directly from the TV.

Seven have been making good use of the old Melbourne desk since being shipped over for the 2018 State Election coverage in March. It’s regularly used in the “Cornesy Says” segment of the sports report to review past and upcoming AFL matches.

1 Like

Let’s hope so. 7 Perth needs a major overhaul. Regardless of whether they wallop everyone else or not. It’s almost unbearable to watch now - and that’s all bulletins / Sunrise, 4.30 & 6pm.

3 Likes

Sally called Angie ‘Elise’ at the end of this mornings bulletin

5 Likes

Seven News super typo shown on HYBPA

19 Likes

Gold!! A good laugh for sure!

2 Likes

We can only hope and pray

2 Likes

What is this, amateur hour at Seven News?

Latest comments I’ve read:

Graphic showing wrong year (2008 instead of 2018), Sally Bowrey calling Angie Asimus ‘Elise’ and a typo on the super “shits” instead of shots :roll_eyes:

Well I don’t really think it’s amateur just a simple mistake.

Nine has been making much worse errors with there lower thirds.

It’s not amateur hour, it’s part of the effect of automation in studios - There used to be a few more eyeballs on automated graphics, checking them for mistakes, than there are now.

Human error happens and I don’t think it’s fair for a single person to be expected to have a flawless typing record - especially with the tight turn around environment that is tv news.

4 Likes

Seven News recognised on the international stage for excellence in journalism

Seven News has been recognised with three awards at the Los Angeles Press Club’s 60th annual Southern California Journalism Awards.

Seven’s US Bureau accepted the Breaking News award overnight for its live rolling coverage of the Las Vegas shooting massacre at the Mandala Bay Hotel in October last year.

US Correspondent Ashlee Mullany and cameraman Duncan McLeod were staying inside the hotel, five floors below the shooter, and awoke to gunfire. They gathered the little equipment they had on hand and within minutes were live to air on the street via a mobile phone link, where they would continue to broadcast for 48 hours after the shooting.

Seven News US Bureau Chief Mike Amor was recognised in the Entertainment Personality Profile/Interview category for his interview with Priscilla Presley.

The team also accepted the award on behalf of Amor for best Personality Profile for his sit down with actress Goldie Hawn.

Commenting, Seven Network Director of News and Public Affairs, Craig McPherson, said: “Yet again Seven News and Public Affairs has been recognised for excellence in journalism and television reporting on the world stage. Congratulations to Ashlee Mullany, Mike Amor, Amelia Brace and Duncan McLeod on the awards and for their outstanding work day in and day out across Seven News programming.”

The Southern California Journalism Awards recognise journalistic excellence in print, radio, television, and the internet

1 Like

I miss Murder Uncovered, it was a brilliant series that went very in-depth. And the later special on the Beaumont children cold case was extremely interesting.

Such a shame that Nine apparently poached those involved with the series. We can see they’re putting them to good use… not!