Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

They might’ve just tweaked the lighting a bit?

2 Likes

Looks much better, but still too much blue.

1 Like

Honestly just looks like they forgot to turn on the desk light box.

8 Likes

Even the strip lighting above the back screen looks less blue.

3 Likes

Yes, it looks to be more of an ice blue than a deep blue.

TBH if all they change from that is the globe backdrops and the animation on the desk to be less blue, keeping that ice blue lighting up top might actually look pretty good.

3 Likes

Seven are being as lazy as the teenagers with their spelling of ‘everday’ as noted by @ScreenTower

15 Likes

Seven’s ANZAC Day schedule has altered slightly. The national morning news will run for one hour tomorrow with the final half hour from 12-12:30 PM AEST I’m guessing being broadcast live into SA & WA.

Then from 12:30 - 2:30 PM AEST, Seven have decided to cover the Gallipoli and Villers-Brettoneux dawn services (maybe because Nine are too???). It will be broadcast live across Australia with the final half hour of coverage being shown on 7Two in SA & WA when AFL Pre-Game coverage starts at 2 PM AEST.

2 Likes

Channel 7 - Michael Usher presenting coverage.

6 Likes

Note that the first cap had the old 7 news logo :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Is this after 12:00 PM AEST since WA are actually getting the national morning news on a half hour delay.

1 Like

They’ve removed the red lighting on the far edge panels. Surely it would’ve been more visually appropriate with the connection to poppies, spilled blood, and the warm colours of a sunrise?

1 Like

I don’t know how anyone thinks that set looks good, it’s so clunky and slapped together. The lighting is terrible as well with all the red and blue, looks like there’s a police investigation going in in Martin Place and there should be for whoever signed off on that whole design. I get the general idea they were going for, but it’s been very poorly executed.

5 Likes

Jim Fenhagen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TBH, I don’t know why Seven doesn’t go for a good quality Australian design company like DD8 to work on their graphics and set design. They obviously try to have ‘American’ influences on the set, which falls down in a heap once Seven’s own management messes around with the beautiful designs of what the Americans initially came up with. In all honesty Seven should just sign with DD8 and leave everything to them (and not mess with anything).

Have you got the rest of the Gallipoli and Villers-Brettoneux Dawn Service coverage recording too?

It seems as though Seven’s updated schedule was incorrect. The national morning news still went for the usual half an hour and it was broadcast simultaneously in SA & WA on a half-hour delay. Only NSW, VIC & QLD received the first half hour of coverage from 12 PM AEST with Michael Usher, the coverage started then and not 12:30 as I saw in the updated guide. 12-12:30 PM was still listed as national morning news from what I saw in the online guides.

SA & WA came into live coverage at 12:30 PM AEST following the delayed telecast of the national morning news. As a result, The Morning Show did not air in WA today.

Opener to the 4pm News here in Sydney:

3 Likes

Sydney opener

4 Likes

How can anyone Not love the Sydney set? It looks amazing and is right up there with my very favourite sets

6 Likes

It’s up there in my hated.

4 Likes

I just think it’s a weak attempt at good set design, and about 5 years behind design trends. The vertical plasmas look like an expensive idea but they’re nigh on useless and seldom used and actually make the set look considerably worse by breaking up the backdrop.

I think a simple curved screen with a newsroom backdrop would look much nicer.

That being said, it’s certainly better than Brisbane’s.

11 Likes

Agreed, Can’t stand it & the guy in the caps too. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes