Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Its fun being light in what seems to be a very stiff group of people. No harm, being honest.

I try my hardest to at times bring you some very useful information, sometimes however I’ll take the pi**

Were they that inspired by the ferris wheel in the background of the first day that they decided to recreate the effect of having a fair ground ride in a serious news bulletin up to two years later?

2 Likes

That isn’t a photo of just a ferris wheel from the Ekka…that’s the Wheel of Brisbane which is an actual attraction in the city that Seven sponsor (and was awkwardly featured on Studio 10 during their visit to Brisbane - someone held a Studio 10 sticker up to cover the Seven logo in one of the wideshots! :stuck_out_tongue:)!

7 Likes

That’s what I thought, I know they only show a live cam before the weather but I thought that you were suggesting that what was behind Matt Tinney or the Sunrise Perth news presenter was live. Seven Perth should certainly bring back the live shot of Perth behind their presenters in their news bulletins again It is just another thing to add to the long list of things that Perth doesn’t do and the rest of the country does do and really enhances the bulletin’s quality but I think I’ve said that sort of thing so many times before that I go blue in the face :pensive:

1 Like

If your not from Brisbane, you wouldn’t know the difference.

3 Likes

Queensland Afternoon News was presented live from the Ekka today.Kendall suggested they will be there again next week.

At 6pm, Sharyn is holding the fort with Bill McDonald live from the Ekka tonight.

3 Likes

First day of Ekka.

Bill was live from the showground; from the opener it looked like he was going to share the anchoring duties, but didn’t appear until well into the bulletin when he hosted a series of recorded and live reports from the show.

However he then started reading some stories later. It seemed a strange approach.

Later

7 Likes

Seven’s “newsroom” set in Sydney…complete with a plasma blocking the actual newsroom!!!

9 Likes

What was this for?
Looks tacky with the edited 7news logo on one of the screens.

3 Likes

From their Facebook Live earlier today (which will apparently be a weekly thing from now on).

It’s the same backdrop as what they use for the 4:45pm preview of the 6pm bulletin, agree it’s not great. There’s nothing wrong with just using a simple shot of the newsroom.

8 Likes

Agreed. Now doubt this is just a Shot of the control room. I say use the news room also. Or bring back the BCM backdrop,

1 Like

Always loved the Melbourne newsroom and control room backdrops.

1 Like

Wait so the ‘pokies’ backdrop was the BCM control room in Melbourne?

1 Like

Yes -

(*pokies btw)

13 Likes

Geez, they are really doing well with there backgrounds… they just keep on getting better and better…
Posted on 7News Facebook page

13 Likes

I know right. And you have to watch the video to appreciate it fully with those wipe transitions!

It is fantastic to see them making an effort with social media but they won’t gain traction with younger viewers unless the product they are putting out is slick and looks top notch. Channelling SC’s local updates with poor resolution, dated backdrops and cringe-worthy laptops inserted into the shot (it’s not even switched on judging by the logo!!) is not going to do it.

4 Likes

I’m sure most of us remember the various “behind the scenes” videos and livestream events that Rob McKnight did during his time at Nine. Now those certainly looked slick and had top notch production values!

Seven have the right idea by utilising social media to make their news service more popular, but so far the quality of the product isn’t what I’d expect from a major media company.

8 Likes

7NEWS Brisbane is really taking a dive in the weekday ratings of late after last year being so close to 9. Even the gains at 5.30 seem to have been eroded away. Yet they win at 4?

6 Likes

Apparently they are.

1 Like

Local 5pm for Adelaide today.

3 Likes